Is there a regional food/dessert/drink where you’re from?

I think Iowa is #1 in corn production in the nation. Also big on pork. Not to shabby on beef production either.

4 Likes

Please no more ! I can’t take it anymore! So hungry now.

2 Likes

I won’t reveal where I am but to say we are famous for our Crab.

5 Likes

What makes NC BBQ different from Midwest / other southern BBQ

1 Like

South Carolina has mustard based bar be que that is delicious!

2 Likes

I love crabs. I like dipping it in lemon juice with salt and pepper. I guess I’m pescatarian sometimes.

2 Likes

I grew up on sherbet, pinto beans, fried cabbage, potted meat sandwiches. We ate SPAM too. We also had that orange flavored ice cream that came in a tube you had to push up with a stick can’t think of the name.

2 Likes

Something like this?

4 Likes

Lol. you said the name. They were called “push ups”

3 Likes

Haha :joy:. You both are right. They are called Push Ups.

4 Likes

@Loke Gosh I will not eat SPAM.
Im glad i forgot how it taste. Supposedly its not bad tasting, i think it was just really affordable.

3 Likes

Why wouldn’t you? It’s probably not healthy I’m sure but if your pantry is bare it fills the stomach.

2 Likes

It’s actually pretty tasty fried in hot sauce

1 Like

Mc Donalds
…dddddd44444

I went to a get together once at a friend’s and they had an entire pig roasted. Apparently it’s common celebratory thing to do in Chinese culture

4 Likes

I’m vegetarian/pescatarian now - but
my mom makes my niece and nephews SPAM sandwiches and over rice daily, same thing she made me as a kid. I don’t know it does really get a bad rap though.

3 Likes

Oh really? Chinese huh? Pig roasts are in my family. I went to a pig roast a few years ago at my dad’s cousin’s place.

2 Likes

Oh cool yeah I had never known of it personally besides asian culture.
I’m from a pretty typical Canadian Caucasian family lol. So the idea of a whole pig on the table was crazy :smile:

3 Likes

@san_pedro Really? Who doesnt have a McDonald’s.

1 Like

was joking really @Kxev

1 Like