Is pop music written for teenagers?

is pop music written for teenagers? is that secret to success? appeal to a younger audience?

1 Like

I listen to new pop music constantly. You don’t have to be a teen to appreciate new music.

2 Likes

Korean pop?

2 Likes

this is about as poppy as i get.

Teens like pop music because it’s relatable. It’s popular because most of the songs are about things most people can relate to on some level.

Granted, boybands and such are more or less designed around getting teenage girls to buy their merch

1 Like

I was shocked when google showed me this :

So, not surprisingly many people assume that most music buyers are tweens or teens. But the 45+ age group is actually the largest music buying demographic according to a Consumer Trends survey by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). Tweens and teens are the smallest.

1 Like

That’s probably becaude things like piracy and streaming is less common for older adults

2 Likes

this is probably similiar to sports. today i was thinking “kids think athletes are worth hundreds of millions but kids don’t have any money” so who is paying their salaries? apparently it’s adults and im wrong.

1 Like

one thing i notice about pop music. is most of the artists are attractive. no ugly dudes getting popular.

Mainly. But people of all ages can enjoy it if they like it. There were plenty of Beatles fans who were adults. Some pop songs just transcend generational differences.

[ cough ] Post Malone [ cough ]

Mostly pop music are women

Haven’t seen any male sing pop

The funny thing about modern top 40 pop stars, is that a lot of their music is written by a handful of middle aged Swedish producers lol.

Pop is short for popular Music. So any music is classified as pop if it’s popular.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.