Is it possible to lose 150lb with sz, meds and without surgery?

I guess its impossible with my negative symptoms and meds.

4 Likes

It is possible but you are going to be hungry a lot

4 Likes

Maybe I need to be locked up without food like in jail lol

1 Like

Yep thats probably the only way

1 Like

I lost 110 lbs without surgery. Still have to lose more.

7 Likes

I lost 145 pounds by diet, and my current med, fluphenazine, generic prolixin…

5 Likes

Thats a big achievement.

1 Like

Nice, did you exercise?

1 Like

nope…not motivated…just ate skimpily for about four years.

4 Likes

i need to loose more than 100 lbs

i want it quick but meds aren’t helping

im eating healthy but i just cant get motivated to exercise

1 Like

Think there is both metabolic and calorie intake are both factors.

So when i went on cutting food out - I literally should have shed tons of weight - but it took 6 mos to lose 15 lbs which is not normal - so i think metabolism from meds were a factor -

And weight has plateaued and not losing anything no matter how little i eat now.

4 Likes

Same here! 1300 calories a day and I can’t lose anymore, even with exercise.

3 Likes

It would be worthwhile getting your resting metabolism checked. You can see approx how many calories you burn when not exercising. It differs per person. You would need to eat fewer calories than your resting metabolism, if you don’t want to exercise at all. It is not exact, but it would help you when calorie counting. Here’s a site that might help. Although I went to a clinic and breathed into a machine to calculate this. I’m not sure how accurate online calculations are.

3 Likes

I lost 70 lbs twice on diets. They’re now both unpopular diets. The first was the Atkins. The second time I dieted the weight flew off and it was literally easy. It was the Dukan Diet but some critics call it dangerous and unrealistic and one top dietician called it a “joke”. Both were low carb diets and I think both diets were way too restrictive and not healthy for losing large amounts of weight. Maybe I’m just lucky but they both worked for me.

You might try this diet; it’s one of the top diets for being safe, healthy, affordable and practical:

2 Likes

You might like the Mediterranean diet. That’s also a good one. It is similar to what you already eat. So your adjustments would be smaller.

2 Likes

That’s a lot of weight. I’ve said it before on this forum but I have lost 30 kg/66 lbs by replacing my lunch with a Huel shake and walking a lot.

2 Likes

Sure, anything is possible, but losing almost half your body weight is a tall order. Talk to a dietician before you try to lose this weight. See if you can work out a program. Slow and easy is probably the best approach. It will take a lot of patience.

1 Like

One meal a day or alternate day fasting? But I wonder how meds will affect your metabolism?

2 Likes

It depends on the medication and how it affects you.

If you can’t exercise, then it wouldn’t be possible either.

I lost 30 pounds in the last 5-6 months. However, I was working out even 3 hours a day at some point in time.

1 Like

It’s hard on meds. I second the metabolism thing.

I was always superskinny and could eat everything. Was underweight, but with good muscle tone.
Haldol didn’t change this.
Just a few months of olanzapine forever changed my metabolism though. I gained 20kg in a few weeks. And never got my old metabolism back.

I do succeed at losing weight, in periods when I watch my diet. Not so much for calories, but just avoiding junkfood, sugar, bread, etc. It comes on as soon as I slack a bit. This never was the case.

I still believe it can be done though, if you want it. @Aziz, What med you use? Does the doctor have any advice? Maybe I’m simplifying things, but tried just cutting out all the bad food already? Do you have someone who can support you with this (parents? social worker?).

2 Likes