Schizophrenia.com

Is it important to have friends

i dont have friends ive tried and it never works out and to be honest when im having paranoia and anxiety its a pain in the arse! is it important?

Of course it does. Friends give you a break from your own mind and keep you feeling connected to the world. I’m pretty certain my friends are telepathic and they all read my mind but it’s still cool. People all share the same fears man the sooner you stop being afraid the easier it is to connect with people. People who reject you or make you feel bad are worth hanging out with. Anycase you’ve always got friends on here man. Anything else you’d care to talk about

1 Like

What kinds of paranoia do you go through can you explain?

well my last friend took my hoover and left! haha i dont know i have social anxiety and say a day before i see someone the anxiety kicks in im lost in life i need some arm bands.

I think it’s good to have a few close friends. Unfortunately i have none and have never been good at the social interaction needed to form friendships. Also although i want friends i get anxious if people get too close.

1 Like

Family is more important than friends. Family members forgive, friends don’t

1 Like

My former friend was jealous of me. Better off not having any. :

1 Like

firemonkey. I have the same issues: Being no good at social interaction to form friendships. It’s a struggle everyday and I rarely even make small talk. In social situations I just sit there not saying much while the other “smart” people talk and go on. It’s like my mind was gifted with some logic, but no talking/social capabilities. I manage to have a 5-10 minute conversation with my mom a few times a week, but that’s all the social I get, other than a few “Hi” "how you doings"s. So, I spend much of my time alone trying to pass the time that way. I have trouble speaking clearly and hate that I’m so dumb, so I spend a lot of time worrying about all this and now I have anxiety and high blood pressure because of it. I hope it’s not that bad for you, firemonkey.

I almost prefer life when I was delusional because at least I have magical thinking to keep me going. But, the problem persists. I was just not given the gift of gab like most people were. I’ll likely just always be alone living half a life.

2 Likes

One, or maybe just a couple, that is in 3D. Online is ok to have more.
I used to do the party thing as a teenager and had a lot of friends…sometimes they conflicted, sometimes i was in the middle of those conflicts, and sometimes i was asked, or pressured to take sides with one friend against another.
I don’t like to be without anyone at all, that sux. But I really like having just one close companion…

2 Likes

Without the internet my eyes would be glued to the box and when i wasn’t doing that i’d be eating and sleeping a lot. I think i speak clearly but maybe my diction is iffy because i can think i’ve said something clearly only for the other person to misunderstand.
Have chronic anxiety but so far blood pressure has been ok.

I do not have real friends, but I am used to live alone. I do not feel loneliness. Well, I can write here on the net.

2 Likes

For me, it depends on how I’m feeling. When I was not dong well, I didn’t feel that I needed friends.

But now that I’m feeling better I have two friends who aren’t blood relation.

I’m glad I have them.

3 Likes

Then you got a leg up on me establishing relations, because I can’t even speak clearly and fumble over simple words. Mostly I’m quiet to avoid embarrassment. I could probably benefit from some kind of social therapy, but there isn’t much for me.

All the friends I’ve had have stabbed me in the back. People who I thought were my best friends. Even my own cousin. Sucks. But ■■■ it I just got acquaintance. I don’t believe in friends. I do have girls that are friends but few. And hardly chill with. But the guys are the back stabbers.

1 Like

I had the back stabbing and using thing happen when I was younger. I noticed that “friends” would be there if I had money or a car, but if not they would go elsewhere to people who had money or a car…then as soon as some money came in they were at my door.
I realize there are people who have no 3D friends, but I like having at least one…what I am not interested in is being the life of the party and having multitudes of friends…from what I’ve seen they tend to pull you every which way, and then the conflicts over you paying more attention to one than another, according to the ones who think you are ditching them to hang out with someone else. happens tho…

1 Like

I have friends, I used to only have one friend and I think it is important for our mental health to have multiple friends. There’s something called the neuropsychosocial feedback loop in abnormal psychology, and social factors are basically a third of what is wrong with people.

1 Like

Are you sure its that or just synchronicity? people who are close will often appear to read your mind when you both say or write the same thing at the same time, or without talking just both decide to do the same exact thing at the same time.

While I have had synch with a number of people, only 3 (2 girls and 1 guy) did I have it with on a regular ongoing basis over time.
some people say “Jinx” when that happens, but I stopped using that term years ago.

there are even scientific studies showing that 2 people who are close begin to share the same thoughts and even subconsciously form links with each others minds. this is perfectly natural and not to be confused with the ideas that 'everyone is reading my mind."

One of the best was a time a couple years ago when both my wife and I walked up to the car without saying a word to each other…I was just in the yard and not planning on this at all. One of us opened the door, the other got stuff out of the car, and it all seemed scripted like we planned to do that, but we hadn’t and we didnt even say a word to each other as we did it… Afterwords when we talked we realized we both had had the same exact thoughts to go get that thing out of the car, and the way we did each activity involved in total harmony was really cool.

1 Like

Its not synchronicity. They message me like they are watching my every thought.

I think it’s probably good to have a few close friends. Way back in the day, I had a couple of close friends. I’m more of a loner but I’m working toward being close to somebody.

1 Like

Hmmm…and these are friends or just acquaintance type people? How do they message you? Is it like they are able to tell you what you were thinking silently?
I wonder if you could try shielding your thoughts? Like some people say we are too open and we just let our energy flow out everywhere.
I’m honestly a bit skeptical about telepathy that can read every thought, though I do believe there are some forms of telepathy.

If it were me and it seemed my friends were reading my mind i’d probably make a game of it and try to think things to trick them, LOL…seriously though I would.

1 Like