Is Caplyta a partial dopamine agonist?

Is it like Abilify, Rexulti and Vraylar partial dopamine agonists?

I couldn’t find info I could understand on Google. We need @gcar help, he’s a Dr.

I don’t think so but I’m not 100% sure. I thought there were only the 3.

1 Like

@Bowens

I found this but I am lost lol We need a Dr!

1 Like
1 Like

“Lumateperone had no demonstrable agonist activity in CHO cells expressing recombinant human D2L (or D2S) receptors, in assays where other known partial agonists displayed different degrees of agonist activity.”

It’s hard to understand these articles but based on that quote…i would say no…I’m no doctor though.

1 Like

What are CHO cells? I will try googling it but I don’t think I will understand.

I found this :joy:

Chinese hamster ovary ( CHO ) cells are an epithelial cell line derived from the ovary of the Chinese hamster

2 Likes

Yeah, I found the same, was just going to post.lol

1 Like

Maybe ask your pdoc?

1 Like

He won’t know as its not available in Canada, besides I don’t have a psychiatrist anymore, he discharged me. I will ask my family Dr.

1 Like

aha…I thought I read something about you losing your pdoc. What happened? Are you going to look for another?

1 Like

I didn’t lose him, he just discharged me saying that I have no positive symptoms so I don’t need a psychiatrist anymore. He told me that my family Dr is my new “psychiatrist”.

1 Like

He told me there is nothing he can do for my negative symptoms. He said to just accept and live/adapt to them. I still have hope for Vraylar because Abilify, also a partial dopamine agonist, reduced my negative symptoms by 30-40%. Still not as good a before sz but 30-40% like before sz, better than nothing.

I was able to go to the gym and hangout with friends but I wasn’t able to work.

2 Likes

@Bowens

I think I will never get back the 60-70% even with Vraylar and be like before sz because I think its permanent brain damage.

I hope Vraylar pans out for you. If you ever get the chance to try it, you’ll have to let me know if it works for your negatives. I’ve had thoughts of trying it myself but I’ve been relatively stable on Aripiprazole(abilify) my self.

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately I partially believe that for myself as well. Although someone like ninjastar who had a lot of brain damage on their scans seems like they have less negatives than we do. I dunno…maybe some of it can be recovered.

1 Like

Personally the only reason I think Vraylar will improve my negatives by 30-40% is that Abilify did this. Sure I will let you and all the forum know if Vraylar improves my negative symptoms. I will make a thread. I will make a big party and talk about it everywhere lol

1 Like

I think there is lots of brain damage types with different effects.

1 Like

The damage can be physical, chemical or both. With sz I think its mostly chemical so maybe they will have better meds but not in the near future. We need to keep an eye on KarXT maybe its better but not sure.

1 Like