Is Caplyta a partial Dopamine Agonist?

Does anyone know if Lumateperone, Caplyta is a partial Dopamine Agonist like Abilify and Vraylar?

If it is, I wont be trying it.

Yes. Source: Wikipedia Lumateperone

1 Like

I am also scared of partial agonists like Abilify. They give me dangerous side effects like gambling, hypersexuality, drug use and compulsive shopping. I was close to die, go to prison or streets if my parents didn’t pay my debts.

1 Like

Yes thanks Aziz, I was too lazy to do my research :smile:

Abilify and especially Vraylar were disasters.

I will not be trying out Caplyta

1 Like

I think it is fairly weak on dopamine and strong on serotonin and another receptor.

3 Likes

I didn’t knew about these drugs, thanks for make me aware…, i’m on one partiel dopamine agonist, abilify and one SNDRI or rather a Mao inhibitor, Marplan, and i want to simplify my meds.

Vraylar might be a way.

1 Like

I am waiting for Xanomeline, it will be Phase 3 trials end of this year. Research has shown that it improved positive, negative and cognitive symptoms. Its mechanism of action is different than all other APs, it stimulates ACh muscarinic M1/M4 receptors.

3 Likes

Try L Tyrosine or N Acetyl L Tyrosine. These are the safest dopamne agonists. Next safest one Macuna (L dopa).

2 Likes

L dopa is dangerous! It made me aggressive and caused psychosis. Other members here experienced the same. L dopa is pure dopamine and should be illegal! Antipsychotics block dopamine and L dopa do the opposite so its very dangerous! I think L dopa and lithium for sure are illegal in Canada.

1 Like

Yes L dopa is dangerous but useful for parkinson patients as they have a known deficiency of dopamine. For general people it raises motivation a bit but soon causes dependency issues. For mental issues people never try it as it can cause psychosis.

L tyrosine is the safest one to try but that too can create psychosis in some. Anger is the starting symptom which can turn to psychosis if not controlled.

2 Likes

Its used to treat parkinson by doctors, they know the right dosage. Never medicate yourself with L dopa even if you have parkinson.

2 Likes