Is anybody in very good shape physically on this site

Is anybody in very good shape physically on this site? What do you do for exercise? i walk, that’s about it.

4 Likes

I got my weight right down, but it’s going back up again

I hate my body and the way it is, but there is nothing I can do

Just going to continue swimming and eating less take outs

2 Likes

I’m a fat over weight old man😂

4 Likes

I’m not in “very” good shape, but I am in better shape now than I have been in the last 17 years. I’ve lost a ton of weight and am in a very healthy weight zone for my height (BMI). According to my abdominal girth I am also in a very healthy zone.

My blood tests are great, my blood pressure and resting heart rate are in the healthy zone.

I think my body is okay now, not nearly as toned as when I was younger, but not bad for 43 and after having lost over 80lbs. I do have some stretch marks I find embarrassing from when I was fat.

I quit smoking 13 years ago so I no longer run out of breath walking long distances or mowing the lawn for example or doing physical tasks…unless I over exert myself.

5 Likes

I think it’s hard to be superfit on aps, but I have a healthy BMI and exercise. I’ll settle for that for now.

4 Likes

I am not in very good shape. I am overweight with diabetes and smoke. I have been losing a bit of weight though.

3 Likes

I was in very good shape, when I played soccer in Jr. college. I was 19 years old, so it has been a very long time since I was in very good shape. I am 43 years old now, so it has been 24 years since I have been in really good shape.

1 Like

I was. I used to run 3-5 times a week and weighted 62 kg. Then I was prescribed olanzapine and here I am 1,5 years later on 81 kg and only running once or twice a month. I should have never accepted that crap.

2 Likes

I am about 74 kg but i need to be 68 kg at least to be considered a healthy weight by the NHS service (uk national health service)

i particularly would like to lose weight on my thighs, belly, back, and face…

1 Like

In my thirties I was in great shape. I was unloading trucks for a living, walking every day and taking weight training classes at college.

Now, I’m really out of shape, overweight and no energy.

That’s how I felt in hindsight, but at the time, when I was first diagnosed, I didn’t know anything about anything when it came to schizophrenia and medication so I ended up trusting the doctor and took the medication (olanzapine) she gave me.

1 Like

I’m in fairly good shape for someone my age (61) who’s on a bunch of psych meds. Now that I take 25 mg of indica CBD every night, I sleep great! My lower back and both knees seem to give me a lot of trouble but I keep the pain at bay with twice daily fish oil and five times weekly yoga sessions of a half hour each.

I’m able to run, when I have to, carry and lift things with no trouble. I’m able to do and keep up with yoga apps and yoga classes meant for much younger people. I think I’m doing fairly well overall.

2 Likes

im in ok shape, i can walk long distances, lift weights for a short time like 30 minutes, but i don’t run and have a hard time riding my stationary bike, i have a bit of belly now, but it’s not as big as it used to be. i was always in great shape until 32 years old. i have stopped being so fitness freak after meds, i just got tested for testosterone and prolactin yesterday, i haven’t got the results back yet, but im guessing after 5 years of sitting on the couch with these meds, that my prolactin is high and my testosterone is low.

i can only do 14 pushups now. i used to be able to do 60, when i was in my 20’s. just an example of how much strength i’ve lost.

Physical shape.its ok, but i dont excersie, I have tense muscles.

1 Like

I’m also easily tense. I use a tiger balm for my sore muscles and do breathing exercises. I hate being tense. It’s an awful feeling.

1 Like

i am in very good shape, about 7’11” and 1300 lbs on a good day

4 Likes

I workout regularly, and I lost a lot of weight, but I still feel like I’m out of shape. I’m stronger and fitter than when I started but not strong or fit enough

1 Like

i really want to do pilates to strengthen core muscles, flexibilty and tone

but i find it incredibly impossible on meds atm

1 Like

Yeah. The meds take away the intensity needed to really get anywhere in your fitness journey

1 Like

you have done an amazing job though with weight loss

1 Like