Invega vs Latuda?

Hi all,

I am currently on Invega 3mg with 200mg Lamictal (Lamotrigine) for Bipolar 1 during a manic episode (bad depersonalization, ringing in my ears, nightmares and night terrors). I was wondering what people’s experiences are with Invega vs Latuda. On Invega my negative side effects are I do not sleep more than 2-3 hours, I have an almost non-existent sex drive, and I have akathisia (ants in the pants, can’t stop jiggling my foot).

2 Likes

Hi @sheep I’m also on Invega (9mg) and I have also akathisia. I didn’t tried Latuda

1 Like

Invega sustenna is poisen avoid mate

1 Like

I’m confused. why give an antipyscotic for Bipolar?

My friend takes Geodon, with anti depressants.

why you classifying nightmares as mental illness,
do you have PTSD?

My doctor told me I could go off it in 6 months when my manic episode is over and in remission and up my Lamictal 100mg… but I felt so bad I don’t know if that’s a good idea. Who knows. I’m recently diagnosed and have never had an episode before so I don’t know what this all is supposed to feel like.

My mother has Bipolar 1 with Psychotic Features as did my grandmother. I felt an out-of-body experience (depersonalization brought on by sexual abuse PTSD… in short I didn’t recognize my name and everything in my house and didn’t recognize myself in the mirror) so I think that warrants an antipsychotic.

1 Like

that makes sense. I don’t think my friend Jason with bipolar ever has hallucinations,

so I don’t understand all that. There’s no pill for PTSD though.

Yeah, I had severe panic and wanting to die (dysphoric mania). I don’t know if I would classify depersonalization/dissociation as a hallucination but it sure was damn scary. lol. Not sure about the ringing in my ears.

I take both invega and latuda. It works for me very well, as i take cogetin for the akathisia. I’m on a small dose (1.5 mg) of invega, and the max dose (120 mg) of latuda

Zeke, what is your diagnosis, if I may ask? And how does each help you?

I have undifferentiated schizophrenia. And the latuda really helps with my delusions, which I was struggling mightily with before I was medicated. I don’t notice much with the invega, as it’s such a small dose. Not sure why my pdoc prescribed it, but oh well. I also take a high dose of an antidepressant (trintellix 20mg), which gives me some energy. The negative symptoms still kill me

1 Like

Oh I forgot to say:
Hi! Nice to meet you :slight_smile:
This is my tagline :sunny:

2 Likes

Zeke, I wish you luck and send you strength. Positivity your way!

2 Likes

Hi formalname! I’m not sure if there are messages on here but nice to chat with you!

1 Like

You are a new user so you can’t send personal messages. Only after a few weeks. Next time put this @ name of user to be notified that you’re talking with them. Like this @sheep

Thanks! @anon51414962

1 Like