Invega shot

Hello i had my invega shot 2 months and half ago and still suffering from sexual dysfunction. When is it going to return ? Im hopeless. I saw that you never really regain your emotions and thoughts . I indeed spoke with two people who were injected more than one year ago

I have sexual dysfunction too but I am on different meds

It took me 6 months before the side effects stopped. I still have sexual avoidance 9 months later. But things are getting better. Been on Aristada for 3 months and have more motivation and emotions. Each month on Aristada has been better and better

I still don’t have my sex drive back from invega. Or my emotions. And it’s been a year since I last had it. I’m on aripiprazole now.

Sorry to tell you mate - but im on the same drug, and ive had ED for years. But staying well is more important to me than sex. If you dont get your mojo back - your entitled to Sidnafil (or similar) from your doc. (sorry assuming your male).

Thats the case in the UK anyway.

1 Like

I have taken xeplion which I think is Invega, for 9 months now and still don’t have any sex drive. I can have sex now, but I have no sex drive.

2 Likes

Xeplion is just the uk name for Invega - yes its the same drug, or its chemical name Paliperadone, which is Risperadone that does not need to be metabolised by your liver.

It does make you flat - but ive been on 150mg for quite a few years, and i think you will probably find your sex drive will creep back slowly - after youve developed a tolerance to it.

As far as erections go - mine are non-existant, but im on other Aps as well - and you may well fair differently.

Try Abilify, it made me hypersexual.

The problem is that is dont have semen

Im only 19 is my life ruined? I ll never be able to feel love again ?

Did you get your semen back and can tou have orgasm?

1 Like

Yes i still ejaculate (after a lot of messing about mind you with the GF). But ive yet to have a full erection needed for penetration. I just get a “semi”.

I have semen and sz ruined my life. My gf left me bcz of my sz and bcz I couldn’t work, I became non-social and somewhat antisocial too. I became violent with her forcing her into sex.

2 Likes

Thank you for the answer. I hope so. I don’t really care about sex if I wasn’t married and don’t want to change this medication because it really works well.

1 Like

Im sure you will be ok - Its a learning curve - theres plenty of other things you can do with your partner :wink:

Yes I have semen and I can have orgasm.

Haha yes I have to be more creative.:wink:

1 Like

Hang on, the invega will get off your body eventually and you will get normal again.

invega gave me limp dick as well Been 4 years and it still isn’t the same. Plus at first I went over a year without any sexual urges.

You ve been 4 years off ?