Invega experieces

So I decided to stay on invega 116mg, after my third shot I’m experiencing sexual dysfunction. I read somewhere it gets better with time. When it’s gonna happen?

I’m on 234 with no sex drive. I can orgasm, but just don’t want the bother. It’s been a year. It’s less severe now and I sometimes want to play with my husband.

I was on 150mg injection every 4 weeks and that was fine. But i was on 150mg every 3 weeks for two shots and i had no sex drive for a couple months after stopping it. I was also very depressed, but that couldve been just because of how my life changed after the dx (loss of job, loss of funding to get high school upgrading, etc).

I started out on 234mg shot every 3 weeks and I didn’t experience a lowered sex drive until about 8 months on it. then I got on 234mg every 4 weeks and my sex drive started to decrease. I had anhedonia and depression for about 14 months after that with little interest in sex. I started to get back some libido after about 2 years, but nothing like when I was unmedicated. now im on 234mg every 5 weeks and could probably have sex twice a week if I wanted to. sex just isn’t that important to me anymore so I don’t worry about it. most of it is meds, and some of it is getting older, and being less fit. i’ll be 35 in November, I’ve started working out again and feel more like myself. I choose invega because im single and it takes care of most of my hallucinations and gives me some normalcy. once again sex just isn’t that important to me anymore, I never wanted to have sex past the age of 40 anyhow.

2 Likes

I am on 9 mg pills of Invega plus 10 mg of Abilify and I think I could have sex if I needed to. I got erections easy enough at the strip club I just went to on Saturday. I can also masturbate to completion if I so choose to do so.

Finishing isn’t quite what it used to be and I would say I have a little bit of sexual dysfunction though not a lot of it. Invega has kept me delusion free for 2 years and I will probably only switch when a better medication comes out.

I’ve been on it almost two years. I still have no sex drive however I do have high prolactin so maybe when that’s treated it will come back I don’t know

15lbs of weight no sex drive lack of motivation and lack of enjoyment of things restlessness aswell

Ive been on it for years. No libido all that time. I’ve found that long term use of a high dose of fish oil has started to bring it back.