Intrusive thoughts

Do you have intrusive thoughts? I always think disturbing things. Like my dad is doing woodwork today and i thought about stick my hand on the saw blade. Or when im at a busy intersection i think about pulling out in front of traffic so i get killed. Lots lf other disturbing things too. Im not sure if this is common.

3 Likes

Have had them since I can remember. They get stronger with psychosis,mania and paranoia. They are horrible my voices even insulted me for having them.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s very common with OCD and SZ/SZA. I get intrusive thoughts saying very offensive, embarrassing, or inappropriate things and thinking people can hear the thoughts in my head. I had intrusive thoughts and images of stabbing people and a fear of going crazy and hurting someone which would send me into panic attacks usually ending up in the ER or the hospital. Now I’m on Luvox with my APs and mood stabilizers which gets rid of mine almost completely.

I still have the thought broadcasting delusion but without the intrusive thoughts it doesn’t bother me nearly as much.

Intrusive thoughts are just pure psychological torture.

1 Like

Yes i get a lot of intrusive thoughts, images, and urges. I have ocd and sza

2 Likes

Yes, I get intrusive thoughts frequently
I have OCD

2 Likes

Good to know im not alone. They are truly awful thoughts.

2 Likes

I am sorry you are suffering. My thoughts & well wishes go with you.

1 Like