Intermediate fasting

I keep gaining gaining and gaining weight, I’ve tried so many things so many times I just want to lose weight already! So my last meal was at 5:30pm it’s now 7:34 pm and I’ll be able to eat again at 6:30am… I’m really hopeful… Please let this work

2 Likes

How is that intermediate fasting? Cutting out a snack in the evening? That is not considered fasting.

@anon55031185 it’s 11hours of not eating ANYTHING it’s a lot less than what I have done I could have done 18 hours but wasn’t sure if I could do that yet

Sometimes I fast during the morning.

1 Like

I mean at night time most people don’t eat anyway, so I don’t think of it as fasting exactly. It sounds like you get hungry, a lot. That’s difficult to deal with. I suggest you eat six small meals throughout the day. Just cut your three meals in half and spread them out, so your stomach isn’t empty at any time.

1 Like

Fasting has been disproven as an effective weight loss method. It’s just another fad being pushed by hucksters. Calories ingested vs calories burned is what it comes down to. Spacing small meals throughout the day so you don’t crash and binge eat is usually a better strategy.

2 Likes

@anon55031185 I’ve tried that, once I start I have a hard time stopping. This is all I haven’t tried and I plan to soon go to eating once a day… I think I can do this

@shutterbug I’m not sure if there is a one thing fixes all… I can’t stop eating once I start this is all I haven’t tried

Well that’s a good idea, but you might just end up eating too much from one meal because you’ll be starving.

1 Like

@anon55031185 maybe but I won’t know till I try. We’ll see what happens, thanks for your input @anon55031185 @shutterbug @Aziz

2 Likes

Change what you’re eating. You can eat an entire bag of celery without guilt. A bag of crisps, not so much. We tend to reach for what is convenient. Make sure bag of pre-cut veg are ready and convenient.

1 Like

@shutterbug fresh veggies tend to be expensive and right now it’s even worse, most of my family has been and stayed skinny by eating once or twice a day I’ve seen this work… I gotta try maybe it’ll help me too

1 Like

Well, water is still cheap. Pound two large glasses immediately before you eat anything. Reduce stomach space for the bad stuff.

3 Likes

I don’t give medical advice, but this sounds smart to me. If intermittent fasting works for your family, could there be something specific to your genetic makeup?

1 Like

@shutterbug I’ll try that, thanks… Also broth cubes should help at first

@Clint I’m not sure, my mom was skinny for years then she started eating three times a day and gained weight, my half brother eats once a day and stays skinny, my thyroid was out of control for years so I ate a lot and stayed skinny but once my thyroid was regulated my eating wasn’t that’s why I want to do this so badly, it works I just gotta do it

1 Like

I’m just gonna say that eating once a day will also cause your blood sugars to swing. Your mood might worsen, so be prepared for that. Just be careful, that’s all I’ll say. Good luck to you.

2 Likes

Thanks @anon55031185

1 Like

Fasting works for maybe a few days but in the long term is not sustainable.

1 Like

I lost a lot of weight doing fasting for 2 days in a row at a time while I was psychotic. Probably was not healthy though. They did a diabetes test in hospital where I was staying and it had went away though. It came back after I got on antipsychotics starting lazing about and gained all the weight plus some back though.

I had extreme psychotic religious motivations to do this though. Wish I could find something non psychotic to motivate me as much.

2 Likes