Interesting books

I’m going to start a journal of books that I recommend for schizophrenics like me or with related conditions, though I know for most of us, concentrating on reading is hard.

The first book is The Resurrectionist by E.B. Hudspeth, a review of which can be found here:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15799400-the-resurrectionist

At first I thought it was a book of so called black magic for abusing and healing animals but then I realised it was a real anatomy book of extinct creatures from the classical period, mostly Greek with the exception of Ganesh.

I’ve only looked at the pictures so far, but the writing seems good as well, too tired to study it in depth, but perhaps some others will find some joy in working with it.

Thank you.

Amazon had this to say at the end; which could make it a good read here.

“You need only look at these images to realize they are the work of a madman. The Resurrectionist tells his story.”

But you typed this:

At first I thought it was a book of so called black magic for abusing and healing animals

That’s weird. And It’s probably gonna get you blowback or the sound of crickets.

I got the book in a charity shop, so didn’t read the Amazon review, healing animals (and I’m not using any kind of racist code here, real life non-human creatures that we share our planet with) is something that is practiced by some, as is abusing them, it is done through the projection and absorbtion of energy or qi, and is quite difficult owing to the different physiology and metabolism. This is why I call it so called black magic, as it is often practiced as a means of controlling human beings, just as medication which is tested on animals is used to control schizophrenics. There is nothing wrong with so called black magic just as there is nothing wrong with gong fu or any other martial art, the challenge with all these things is to do them as artistically as possible with minimum harm to others. What does the good reads review say, I only glanced at it briefly, thank you.

The second book I’m going to recommend is “The Scientific Basis of Astrology” by the astronomer and astrophysicist Percy Seymour a review of which can be found here:

http://www.mountainman.com.au/astrology_01.htm

Seymour’s book is as much about biology as it is about astrophysics and provides an overview of the current state of knowledge regarding the scientifically proven biological influences of the stars on animals behaviour as well as some forward thinking speculation on further theories to investigate.

There is no reference to classical astrological theory and no attempt to justify it. Rather the author seeks a new focus on astrology on the basis that the heavens do indeed have a biological effect on determining behaviour.

This is one of the few books I have managed to finish recently and I would recommend it to anyone with an enquiring scientific bent.

Thank you.

The third book I’m going to recommend is “Tales from Mozambique” published by Freedom Press a review of which can be found here:

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/entertainment/Tales-from-Mozambique_57198

This was one of my favourite collections of tales when I was a child, some funny, some enthralling, some scary, and some revolutionary. I would recommend it to everyone and anyone feeling a little over dosed on Zyprexa.

Thank you.

This is on my reading list:

This book is a bit terse but has a good premise:

I have corresponded with the author and expanded on his thesis suggesting that Marxism actually came from the yi jing via Europe through the work of Leibniz, who was the first European to study the yi jing of any historical note, from which he developed the mathematics of binary, then Hegel, building on the ideas of Leibniz, and finally Marx himself, before returning to China with Mao.

We talked a little about building an economic structure based on the yi, but concluded further research was needed.

The author wrote the book whilst at the university of Hawaii, he is currently in mainland China facilitating East-West academic collaboration.

Thank you.

For those who have time to spare on volumes of philosophy, this is certainly a book to consider:

The appendix contains a fomalisation of the logic of the logos, so called relevance logic, which differs from the Boolean logic of mathematics in that it is self-asserting.

Two biographies of the author below:
https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/sylvan-routley/

they want like 1,000$ for the astrology book one on amazon. i think the lowest price for a used one was 133$. i dont have a subscription anymore but scribd.com use to have a lot of books and documents that was uploaded for reading online

This one’s for Syra, I hope she remembers me:

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.