I'm trying to be less self centered

I believe a little self-centering is needed. When setting priorities you gotta make sure you are okay so helping others would be easier. :slight_smile: Ya feel? But sometimes I feel like I only talk about me so I know what you mean. All the luck to you @Minnii :blush:

1 Like

A good metaphor is when youā€™re in an airplane you always gotta put the oxygen mask on yourself before putting it on the child next to youā€¦at least thatā€™s what they tell you :smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly what I was thinking when I wrote this!! I always laugh when I hear this on the plane.

1 Like

Thanks for the input everyone, very much appreciated :relaxed:

1 Like

Weā€™d all like some pics of the new placeā€¦once youā€™re settled! :sunny:

1 Like

ah, love the patronizing here.

ā€¦I donā€™t follow you.

whatever you want, Patrick, a discussion from a woman, or an adoration.

Men decide easily who they love online, Iā€™ve found it never fades, despite anything the woman wants to discuss.

Solipsismā€¦ happens to me tooā€¦

Iā€™m finding itā€¦ Iā€™ve finally got good friends who make me feel a helluva lot less special because theyā€™re pretty damn comparable to me in all waysā€¦ which was difficult to wrap my head around at first but I jsut stuck with it and then suddenly I felt like I was just hanging with themā€¦ not like they were something elseā€¦

1 Like

In such situations I always refer to the law of a probability. How probable is it that I have this super extra power to be different to other people/ to the wide mediocrityā€¦ chances are very smallā€¦ it takes me back to the ground. I am nobody special, nobody who would get any more interest than anybody else. It is good to be averageā€¦ so then my thoughts are irrationalā€¦ that is my thinking process of reasoning with my irrational beliefsšŸ˜Š

1 Like

Lots of people struggle with this problem. But the burning question is: Is it self-centered to work on being less self-centered?

1 Like

Oh damn! didnā€™t think of that! :sweat:

1 Like

Iā€™m very similar to you. I too am impatient with trivial details that donā€™t interest me. I shy away from a person who is burying me in minutia. But Iā€™ve found that you impress people more when you pay attention to what theyā€™re saying than when you work hard to impress them. Always trying to impress people is really boring. The thing to do is to master the art of conversation. I still havenā€™t done that in the fifty-seven years I have been alive.

1 Like

I do try to do that, Iā€™m a good listener, just sometimes I get irritable with others. I wish I wouldnā€™t.