Im thinking 6 hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week

that would be my ideal working life, well for the rest of my life. 8 hours a day is doable, but i wouldn’t have much time for a workout or anything other than eating, working, sleeping, and a couple free hours.

so im thinking 6 hours a day, with a day off each week, that wouldn’t stress me out and i’ll have a little extra time, for home chores, and a workout and cooking.

these 10 or 12 hour shifts, i just don’t know how people do it. seems very unhealthy and only for workaholics. i will never return to those kind of hours.

i anticipate i will get off ssdi at some point, it would be tempting to work more hours to make more money, but i have to remind myself how unhealthy that is. i can handle 6 hours a day though, im confident in that.

the way i see it, most people have a five to ten percent chance of failure working full time, by becoming disabled or something somehow. that means, for someone with schizophrenia, they at least have a ten to twenty percent chance of failure. i dont think we should have to take that risk, unless you are a thousand percent certain you are no different than normies.

1 Like

People who work these types of hours are usually trapped on poor salaries and have little choice - with obvious exceptions for doctors and nurses etc

Wish you luck in this goal. I would suggest studying before you come off, and go into something you enjoy, or can do self employed so you can choose your hours

1 Like

If you work four tens you get three days off. You get four off if you work three twelves.

1 Like

It’s good that you realise your limitations - this is something I struggled with for some time. I thought I could STILL do the same amount of work that I was doing before Psychosis/SZ.

Now I realise that my capacity is less than before, and I need to cut down on working hours otherwise I’ll fall ill again

1 Like

it’s too much, you end up hating life, and it seems like you are always working even though you have days off. the work days are just too long. a 6 hour day is fine, and goes by reasonably quick with enough time left in the day to do something you enjoy and not feel stressed. also i bet the majority of the people working 10 and 12 hour shifts are eating a lot of fast food and not cooking because they are too stressed to do anything after work. i could easily get a job working 50 or 60 hours a week and make some bank but i would hate my life everyday. so im thinking 30 to 36 hours a week instead, and living on a budget.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.