I feel overwhelmed at the thought of working 5 days a week

I turned down A full-time job today because I felt overwhelmed working five days a week and two late evenings. We have extra income, so I didn’t need to work full-time. However, I feel sad that I’m overwhelmed at working full-time.

4 Likes

Well, part of schizophrenia is making compromises sometimes. We can’t do everything so don’t beat yourself up over it.

7 Likes

Thanks @77nick77. I needed to hear that.

2 Likes

I did it for a couple years but then got fired and am back on Social Security

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @TomCat.

1 Like

I work part-time. About 20 hours a week give or take. I could probably do full-time part-time. By that I mean I could work 40 hours next week, but then the week after go back to part-time…then maybe a few weeks later do 40 hours again, then back to part-time.

I suppose I could try working full-time permanently but I don’t know how I would handle it. I haven’t worked full time in 20 years. If I found a job where I really enjoy the work, healthy work environment, good pay then I would be willing to try.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @Headspark.

1 Like

@TomCat why were you fired? Was it related to sz?

It overwhelms me too right now.

I work 5 days a week.

Uck.

3 Likes

I was not fired. I was offered a full time job and turned it down.

ETA: I had to reread your reply. You weren’t talking to me. Sorry for the confusion.

3 Likes

Thanks @shutterbug.

They didn’t give me a reason. I did ask. I was making $90,000 a year or about $3500 bucks every two weeks so I was kinda upset about it. Wish I still had the job.

But I got approved for SSDI again so I think I will just stay on it this time. But that sure isn’t $90 grand a year. I help my wife with her business now but it’s nowhere near a full time job. Couple hours a day a couple days a week.

3 Likes

How frustrating that you were never given a reason. I hope your wife’s business succeeds

2 Likes

I just got a job working 1-2 days a week and it’s hard. You’re a success story with how much you work, don’t feel obligated to do more if it isn’t comfortable.

1 Like

Looks like I’m working 6 days this week. Maybe more for about 3 more weeks. Feels like I’m working a large portion of my life away.

1 Like

Thanks @agent101g. I needed to hear that.

1 Like

I think for most people with sz working full time is not a option. We are prone to stress, can have symptoms, and side effect from drugs make it difficult. There’s absolutely nothing to feel guilty about.

I will be working 6 days a week for 2 weeks in a little while. About 70% capacity. I’m a little concerned how it will go, but I agreed to do it since it’s only those two weeks. I will do my best. Normally I only work as a temp every once in a while, but now with people going on summer vacations I was asked if I could do more.

1 Like

Thanks @Mr_Hope.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @Clint.

1 Like

I’m currently working 28 hours a week and am comfortable. I’m overwhelmed and stressed at the thought of working 40 hours a week with some late evenings and some early mornings. I’ve decided only to work full-time if I need to. As things are I don’t need to.

ETA: I’m at work 32 hours, four days a week, but I have an hour lunch.

1 Like