Im scared to stay in my home

Im in an abusive relationship and he tries to break everything or overpower me when he does not get his way.
He pretends he is perfect outside the home so nobody suspects him.
Im scared that he will kill me one day. I have no ability to leave unless i give up all my life and property in the home and go to a shelter. I do not want to do that because the disruption will negatively affect the rest of my family.
I do not know what to do. He is a narcissistic and and will use my mental illness to try to control me

1 Like

Leave.

You are more important than stuff. Your safety is more important than the judgements of your family.

I was in an abusive relationship for a few years and it destroyed me. I now see i should have left right away when the relationship turned wrong. It is your life and wellbeing, your choice to either stay or leave. You CAN leave. It is the only way, you cant change him.

4 Likes

Perhaps you can at least call the shelter for advice?

Can you not live somewhere else and be on benefits.
And tell him you feel it’s better if you live seperate lives

1 Like

I agree with @anon73478309. You should get out of there as soon as possible. Being in an abusive situation where you fear for your life isn’t acceptable. Even a shelter would be better than that. Please take care of yourself.

Do you work? Tell him you’re scheduled to work but instead of going to work go to a shelter. I did that once and it worked.

Make sure you clear your computer history and log out of this site.

2 Likes

The only thing that’s good to do in this situation is to leave. I was in a bad relationship and I had to leave everything behind. I’m now dirt poor. But I’m happy. I have a new spouse who treats me like a queen. He’s so good to me. I love him with all my heart and he loves me. It’s totally worth it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.