My boyfriend is irritable

He won’t talk to me and explain himself anymore. Then I get pissed off cause I get paranoid and he freaks out. He had a knife in his hand and smashed it on the kitchen floor. And said get the ■■■■ out my house before I beat the ■■■■ out of you. I said “now your going to push me to suicide again” he said “I don’t want to see you, get the f out, look what you made me do. You made me break the knife” :anguished::disappointed:

I’d move away if you can. He sounds pretty abusive.

1 Like

That’s not irritable that’s abusive. No one ever has the right to threaten you. Ever.

You need to get out and get out fast.

1 Like

I can’t, I’m holding onto all we had :sob:. I have no where else to go

He has a mental illness too so I understand his anger, but I can’t take it anymore

You can go to a domestic violence shelter. I’ve been in one. It’s no big deal. They make you do chores.

Is he on meds? If not he should consider getting on some. Generally when my bf is mad I just leave him alone. Of course your situation is different. I’m sorry hon. Don’t stress out too much.

2 Likes

No, I’m paranoid of the area that it’s in and people that like to put spells on me. I can’t do that on my own

He’s on zoloft and Klonopin

1 Like

:frowning: not doing him any good?

Its an incident, how is he in general?

1 Like

@roxanna hes been on it for years. Only AD that controls his symptoms from what I know.

@aliali I know, I didnt say the full story. I play a huge part. He is a very kind hearted loving person

3 Likes

It sounds like you antagonize each other. When either of you need space you both should not retort and just quietly give the other one space.

3 Likes

@Winterblues
Did you leave?

Also, please don’t put the responsibility of suicide on him, saying “now you’re going to push me to suicide again”. No one can bear that weight. You have the choice and option to leave him. You have the choice and option to get help.

2 Likes

My gf is usually irritable. But, since they increased her Abilify from 15 mg to 20 mg, she is not irritable acting anymore, she only feels irritable.

2 Likes

Yeah I did for a couple hours

I did get help yesterday, the meds just didn’t kick in totally yet. I didn’t mention to my new pdoc that I took a handful of klonopin 2 weeks ago, bc then she would either commit me or stop prescribing it… She kept saying"so you were never in a psych ward" I didnt want her to be the first pdoc to put me there…

@Winterblues
After leaving and each of you having time to process, did you resolve your conflict?

Yea, I was going to spend time with my mom, but she said it would be easier for me just to come over tomorrow, but when I was processing things I came back and said I’ve been really narcisitic. He said I wasn’t like that until October when I started Invega…

BUT.

The new med I took last night is making me see others views better, listen and not make it all about myself

1 Like

@Winterblues
I’m proud of you for accepting your contribution!

1 Like

It was misery thinking I wasn’t doing anything wrong, and then BOOM it hit me!

1 Like

I hate going to the psych ward. It’s always scary when you first go in

1 Like