Im new here

im new to this page i has diagnosed in 2010, but this is my first time looking for help with someone(s) who understands. things in my head have been all over the place and im finding it so hard to think and not listen to “them” im falling apart on the inside while trying to save face. which is making it worse. how do i focus on whats important when i cant get out of my head

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

Are they voices or messages or what?

voices, but they dont always stay in my head. visual hallucinations are becoming more often. when i first started deal with this i saw more than i heard. then years of just hearing. now i feel like i back to step one
i dont know if i was ever in control, but i feel im losing my grip on “control”

I’d try to relax. You’re going to be ok. The bad phases will pass and you’ll have strength again.

How about your lifestyle? You work? Live on your own? (Trying gauge your stress levels and level of activity) Boredom isn’t the best for the sz mind, but stress is even worse.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

u hit the nail right on the head. i dont think i have ever spoke to anyone in my 5 years of dealing with this who even could begin to understand i already think this page was a great step. i live with my bf of a year. we have only been living with each other a short time. i work 2 days a week. boredom is becoming a huge prob . i always try and keep my hands moving, lately i cant focus to get anything done and i sit here just listening. its like an endless cycle

I’ve been in that spot before.

You’re voices can’t tell you anything you don’t already know. No one knows the full extent of their nature. Scientifically its just bad wiring.

What I’m trying to get at is there is no point to listening to them at all. IF you can train yourself not to listen they are going to lose a lot of power over how you operate.

easier said then done. but normally is almost exactly what i do. or at least try to do. nothing seems to be workin and it feel like the more i try to block it out the harder it gets to do so.

Just wanted to say welcome.

1 Like

thought i would say hi…because that is what i do.
take care :alien:

I can’t speak for your brain & body, but all I can do is share experiences. Sometimes talking aloud to reaffirm myself with my own actual voice helped. I like the sound of my own voice.

Most of my SZ is limited to visual, though, so taking a walk outdoors or trying to block out all the light from my eyes via a blindflind and just trying to relax as much as possible is all I can do. Right now, for instance, I should really just relax with a blindfold on & try to listen to some kinder forms of music.

welcome to the forum shay. I hope you get the support you need.

hi, sz sucks,

sorry you got this