I'm 38 years old. Am I too young to get a funeral plan and pay in instalments?

It’s expensive for a funeral here in England and I want to be buried which is even more expensive. I’m in very good health and not expected to pass anytime soon, I could go for another 40 years time? Do you think its too premature for me to get a funeral plan?

4 Likes

I’ve been planning this a lot lately. I already got my grave plot.

2 Likes

I am 42 and it has often crossed my mind these last couple of years

2 Likes

I’m 54. I’ve made a will. I want to be cremated. I haven’t figured out what to do with my ashes yet though.

I need to make a will too. I have a very set idea of where I want my ashes spread.

My folks know where I want the ashes to go but I should also tell my sisters

2 Likes

I’m being buried next to my Mom
My dad will be there too.

The tombstone already exists

I’ve made a will and i’m only 29.

My final wish is to be cremated and my ashes to be sprinked in multiple soft beef tacos and my family to eat them.

3 Likes

I mean, do what you want. It never hurts to be prepared. 38 does seem a bit early though.

I prefer to be buried as well. I honestly dont know why. I guess maybe I like the idea of having someplace for someone to visit if they chose to. IDK. Probably no one would visit anyway. Who spends their time in graveyards these days?

1 Like

Well, you always talk about energy being converted and not destroyed. :man_walking: :dash:

3 Likes

LOL!!! :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

But in all seriousness… when I do pass away, I want to be buried. If I can make it to 60 years old (won’t get anywhere close to that if I dont lose a ton of weight) I will make a will then.

2 Likes

I don’t care what happens to me after I die. I’d say make it as small of a burden as possible for the people still living. Being buried has seemed strange to me for a long time. I’d much rather get cremated so my corpse won’t just be rotting away in the ground somewhere. Being buried seems antiquated to me.

I want to be cremated and then have my ashes snorted by Keith Richards with cocaine.

2 Likes

I want to be buried at a cemetery near my ex-girlfriend’s place, they have a huge one there. I’m not giving organs or anything like that. I’m 40 but highly depressive so I can’t wait to go because I believe in an afterlife based on Karma.

I’ve lived a full, creative life but I often feel like I’m ready to go.

I’ll miss my parents, if they die before me it will be a huge challenge to manage my life by myself!

1 Like

I don’t think it’s wrong to prepare in advance. I’m looking into it for myself. I can’t afford to be buried, which is what I’d prefer. But I still want to have it paid for in advanced so my husband isn’t stuck with the costs of cremation etc.

1 Like

Next year when my school debt is paid off I’m gonna start saving to get my funeral out of the way. I don’t have kids or a wife and my families scattered. I’m just gonna get cremated. It’s cheap. I’m 44

2 Likes

I want to be cremated as well. Don’t want to be eaten by maggots.

Don’t need insurance. It can be paid off of my inheritance.

1 Like

I spend a lot of time in my local town cemetery. it’s a beautiful cemetery and really old which an old chapel in it. I always do my morning walk through it. Also because I don’t live far from it me and my community nurse head their with a flask with coffee and sit on a bench, its really nice watching the birds and tree rats.

1 Like

If you do make sure the plan is protected by FCA ( financial conduct authority). Then your money’s safe.

I visit my mom’s vault about every one and a half months. It’s quiet and peaceful, I usually just sit in my car for 1/2 hour and enjoy the space.

1 Like

[quote=“Bowens, post:8, topic:324452, full:true”]to. IDK. Probably no one would visit anyway. Who spends their time in graveyards these days?
[/quote]

I visit my grandparents and great grandparents graveyards every spring to put flowers in and in the fall to take the flowers off they all ment the world too me especially the last grandma I had wonderful woman who helped me through my worst times of my life

2 Likes