If you could only take 1 med for your illness what would it be?

Depixol depot for me

Risperidone was very effective for me.

2 Likes

Risperidone works wonders for my positive symptoms but my negatives are awful.
Also Im experiencing significant sexual side effects on Risperdal.

4 Likes

Haloperidol 151515

3 Likes

If I couldn’t take my medication with an anti- akathisia medicine I would kill myself.

4 Likes

Vraylar, waiting for it to be released here end of this year.

4 Likes

The antidepressant seems to be kicking in and I kinda like it … zoloft …

2 Likes

Clopixol

3 Likes

I take three meds but amisulpride is main one so I’d go for that one. Will have to take higher dose though, to make up for dropping the other two (olanzapine and lamotrigine).

1 Like

Invega injection if I could afford it

1 Like

i take amuilspride but it has a lots of side effects.

1 Like

I have no sex drive on amisulpride and this sometimes irritates me but I have come to learn to live with it because I’d be much worse off without amisulpride. It’s a wonderful med for me.

1 Like

sex is the least of my problems.its the dyskisina that pisses me off.

2 Likes

Did you try Benzatropine?

1 Like

Benzatropine stopped my dyskinisia and akathisia.

2 Likes

No clue.

I only use 0.5mg haldol now and i forgot it for a while. I didnt notice any difference at all, but i will take it again today just to be sure and not scare my family.

But i prefer not to take a maintanance med and to use haldol or a benzo prn when im fearful. Or maybe an SSRI in the last week of my period to try if it kills psychosis too (it did before).

Im very much not sure, i think i will ask the nurse next week, i trust her. My psychiatrist wanted me on wellbutrin as an only med. I like the guy, but i think that is a superbad idea.

1 Like

Definitely the ziprexa. The Lexapro I could learn to live without.

1 Like

Here in australia they dont care.they just give you antisycotic and send you home.

2 Likes

Vitamins. If i had to pick an ap id pick invega sust since the side effects havnt seemed bad.

1 Like

Keep asking for Benzatropine. Other members from Australia are on it I think. @rogueone should know.

1 Like