Schizophrenia.com

I want to get back on Abilify but

I really want to know that!
I couldn’t find anything online but I emailed them twice and no response, there is a phone number but I think they will just ignore me and won’t say if it will come to Canada. I might still call them tomorrow.

I will try to convince my psychiatrist to prescribe me 5mg Abilify next apt, 15 Sept. I guess it will just make me slightly impulsive, I can live with that, many nonmentally ill ppl are impulsive. I am tired of waiting for the perfect med, I don’t think Vraylar will ever be available in Canada. I will call the Vraylar company to see if they can give me info.

1 Like

When I was on Abilify I didn’t sleep for 4-5 days.

I found the Canadian website for the Vraylar company! I just emailed them and will call them tomorrow.

https://www.allergan.ca/en-ca/about/contact

1 Like

Have you ever tried Geodon? That might work for you. I was on Abilify for a while, and it made me kind of edgy.

I tried Latuda, its a similar med. Not much difference from Risperdal.

The special thing in Abilify, Rexulti and Vraylar is that they don’t fully block dopamine, they raise dopamine when its low and they lower dopamine when its high. I believe that’s why they cause less negative symptoms than all other antipsychotics.

There are many different options.

I have tried 6 different AP’s to get to the one I am on.

It took 2-3 years to find one that worked well without giving me noticeable side effects

1 Like

I have less negative symptoms on abilify.

1 Like

I never had those issues except hyper sexual

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.