Stressed every med change and psychiatrist apt

I am extremely stressed because my pdr is suggesting a med that gave me addiction problems in the past. I know it will improve my negative symptoms like in the past but at the same time I fear that it will give me addiction and hypersexuality problems again. I know that I should wait 1-2 months for Vraylar but its too tempting. Abilify made me do illegal sexual things and a gangster threatened me because of that, he knows where I live.

I have no control on my risky actions when on Abilify. I loose my mind, I become extremely impulsive, hypersexual and compulsive. Since stopping Abilify its been over 2 years that I haven’t done anything illegal or have addiction problems.

Why is my pdr doing this to me?

1 Like

My apt is 15 september.

The FDA and Health Canada say these addiction and hypersexuality problems are uncontrollable and they stop once Abilify is stopped. Are they really uncontrollable like they say?

Why would he/she suggest this now? When you are on the verge of switching to Vraylar? Doesn’t make any sense to me either. I’d just refuse and tell your pdr that you would like to remain on your current meds until Vraylar is available in Canada.

1 Like

I don’t know if they are controllable or not but I havn’t had the same issues you did on abilify.

1 Like

I didn’t tell him yet if it will be out in Canada.
He doesn’t know anything about it yet.

1 Like

He wants to prescrible a low dose of Rexulti, its like Abilify, with my current Risperdal.

1 Like

oh, well just tell him about your plan to switch at your next appointment. Hopefully he will agree to wait. I don’t know about your pdoc, but mine has been pretty agreeable when I put forth a plan for med switching, dose reducing, etc.

1 Like

I had a gf for 2 years before starting Abilify. Since I started taking Abilify I became hypersexual and wanted more sex from my gf. She got tired of too much sex and when she was at work I needed sex so I went to erotic massage centers. I felt bad for her so I told her what I did, she left me. I didn’t know it was the Abilify causing hypersexuality back then I was 22 y.o. I wanted sex every hour. Now on Risperdal I do it with myself once every week.

1 Like

Well, maybe it wouldn’t be so bad now since you are a little older. I’m 47 so my libido is not that high. Still, if you don’t want to risk it(and your addiction issues) on Abilify or Rexulti, I doubt anyone is going to force you too. Just explain your concerns to your pdoc and tell him you just want to wait for Vraylar. Hopefully it doesnt cause similar issues.

1 Like

Thanks, I don’t think it will cause similar issue as I searched the FDA website and there is no warning for it, there is for Rexulti and Abilify.

1 Like

Thanks for answering, everytime I spoke about hypersexuality here users ridiculized me saying I need to control myself and its not the Abilify. No one believed me even after I posted proof from FDA and Health Canada website. People just know about meds causing hyposexuality but not hypersexuality. I understand that its rare but its shouldn’t be ignored.

1 Like

I guess its because ppl think all addictions are psychological and cannot be caused by meds or drugs. If drugs cause addiction, its clear that a med can cause the same because both are chemicals affecting the addiction centers in the brain.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.