I understand some people like the labels idea but

I really don’t like sexual orientation labels.

From today on I have no sexual orientation label.

It just makes me feel weird, like it can change from one day to another anyways so what’s da point.

1 Like

That is not abnormal at all. Some people feel more comfortable giving themselves a label, and some don’t. The point of labels is really supposed to be to make people feel like they aren’tthe only ones, but too often it becomes a pressure to act a certain way at all times. And for a lot of people,their sexuality changes a lot.

5 Likes

I like to say I go through phases. There are times when I’m really atteacted to guys, times when I’m really attracted to girls, times when I’m really attracted to both, and times when im not attracted to anybody.

Lucky for me, Mr. Star is chill with it when I’m going through a “not attracted to guys” phase and doesn’t take it personal.

5 Likes

Haha, he sounds great!

2 Likes

I have gone through phases too, atm I don’t even know which or if any I’m attracted to lol.

I need to think about it cos attraction for me involves reasoning I don’t allow pure emotion attraction to define me as for me it’s not holistically what attracts me,

2 Likes

This is why I like the blanket label of queer.

3 Likes

I have never been one for labels, even for sz stuff

2 Likes

That is super common. The online LGBT community can seem to be full of only self-assured people who 100% have their identity set in stone, but that’s not how most of us actually are. If there is an in-person LGBT communitt center in your town, I highly recommend checking it out when covid restrictions lift. Meeting other real, in-person queer people helped me so much.

1 Like

but does queer not mean gay? perhaps I am not well educated on this

My sexuality is inconsistent, and I dont feel like I can give it a label. It’s a dice toss for who I’m attracted to at any given time.

I have been considering changing my pronouns to they/them, but I haven’t figure all of that out yet.

1 Like

I had to label myself.

There was no way I could continue lying to my parents and siblings.

In the end I got sick of constantly being asked when I’d get married and have kids.

Now that does not happen any more

I do feel sorry for my mother.

From her perspective she will never have any biological grandkids, and that kinda sucks, as it’s robbing her of an experience in life that she will never get.

Seems to me that my life choices have caused her pain, and I feel selfish in this regard.

1 Like

if you do not want kids then that is up to you. don’t feel bad. it is your decision and kids are also a lot of responsibility obviously. regardless of if adopted or biological, obviously.

please don’t feel bad, she has you though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t help but feel I have crushed her hopes.

My step sister has 4 kids, so I guess she has the interaction with them to enjoy.

I will do my best to look after her any way that I can

1 Like

maybe talk to her about it, she might not mind so much or at all, or something and let her know how you feel too?

might release some unwanted feelings

Not sure as if she is upset about it, I wouldn’t want to provoke her into feeling bad

I am not so good at managing other people when they get emotional

1 Like

If I become financially stable in future, I will adopt a child who needs the home - if they let me with my mental health problems that is

2 Likes

Queer just means not straight. Men women and enbies can be queer. Doesn’t only mean gay.

2 Likes

Or you could just not sleep with people. Then you avoid the whole self-crushing doubt and sadness that comes with being gay and listening to trolls all over the internet tell you how scripture banishes you to an oven for all eternity after death.

Some people get really sad when they do that so for them coming out is the best option, but not everyone fits into this category.

3 Likes

lol this made me laugh the image of an oven in hell.

i have read in the news of two gay girls being smashed up on the bus just last year in the UK

It is horrific

1 Like

I have heard the term gender-fluid many times, and I think it describes a lot of people

2 Likes