Schizophrenia.com

I think it’s sz

I don’t think it’s a “mood disorder” granted I did do some unneeded spending but what do I know I was very unwell and had psychosis. Can’t the spending spree be part of psychosis. I don’t remember the “moods” but the nurses kept telling my mum my moods were unstable. I don’t remember at all.

1 Like

Spending sprees are a sign of manic depressive psychosis or bipolar.

2 Likes

Thanks. I just don’t remember feeling happy in all of it but nor was I sad. Guess not everyone experiences mania same.

1 Like

In mania, you can be irritale instead of happy and you can be unaware of your irritability or mood.

2 Likes

I was irritable but a lot of the stuff that happened in hospital is a blank to me I don’t even remember.

1 Like

That’s common. A lot of my past is forgotten too.

1 Like

If you were irritable, that really points to mania.

1 Like

But also feel it doesn’t explain the two months in psychosis after is just a mood disorder. Sorry I keep asking. I ruminate over it. I think it’s something to bring up with therapist.

2 Likes

I would forget your therapist. The only ones whose diagnoses matters are psychiatrists because they prescribe meds.

1 Like

It’s about how I can stop ruminating over it. The pdoc has already diagnosed “mood disorder” but I keep obsessing it’s not and they’ve got it wrong. The treatment works I shouldn’t care.

1 Like

What meds are you on may I ask?

2 Likes

I’m on abilify he says it’s acting as a mood stabaliser 15mg

1 Like

What is the difference between mood disorder and bipolar?

Bipolar patients are also given antipsychotics

2 Likes

I think it is bipolar but he won’t be specific. I wasn’t depressed much.

2 Likes

Abilify is a great mood stabilizer. He’s right.

Let me ask you. Why is it so important to you to be diagnosed as sz?

1 Like

It isn’t I just think they got it wrong… they tell me I’m sz I’ll get obsessed and if they say I’m bipolar I’ll get obsessed. I really need to concentrate on the treatment the labels don’t matter. Hopefully the therapy referral will go through soon.

2 Likes

Thank you @SkinnyMe :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Ish do you hear voices in your head, or have paranoid fantasies? These are kind of the Hallmarks of schizophrenia, amongst other things

1 Like

I did when I was unwell with psychosis. Not anymore.

1 Like

I think that my new therapist is leaning towards schizoaffective disorder.
But I’m not sure.

2 Likes