Schizophrenia.com

I think I'm ugly inside and out

Thanks for the tip!

Once I started having mental health issues I began to have a lot of negative thoughts and developed low self esteem, I thought I was worthless and useless, and when I became fat from antipsychotics I thought I was ugly and unattractive too.

On the inside it starts with changing your thoughts. If you think differently you’ll feel differently. I don’t know what makes you think you’re ugly on the inside but that can change. They say the world is 1% what happens to you and 99% how you react to it, you can change how you react to things with practice and become a happier more well adjusted person. You just need to change your outlook on life, that involves understanding your thought process and getting insight into it. I found CBT really helped me with that.

On the outside, there are certain characteristics that are associated with beauty, like symmetry, but in general beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I’ve had friends whom I disagree with on what women are hot or not. I think everyone is self critical about their outward appearance to a certain degree, there is always something you’d like to improve, that is normal. Just try not to let it eat away at you.

1 Like