i try my best but i really need some extra help like

• shopping
  • cooking
  • social inclusion
  • cleaning
  • travelling
  • fitness

i can’t think of anymore right now but i really need help with these things

i have been getting a lot of help from my friend sweep but i don’t do much for her now and i would really like to help her by paying her for that help so maybe if i can get some extra support like with self directed support maybe i can pay her for helping me out and also get some perks like a holiday or a car but maybe that is going too far, i just need some extra help.

2 Likes

Pick one, and work on it.

i’ve been doing that,

i’m currently working on a few of them but its a struggle
things i am working on are-

• diet
    i’ve been trying to eat healthier meals
  • shopping
    i have been trying to get my shopping myself and picking healthier foods (twice so far)
  • cooking
    i have been trying to cook myself making some vegetable soup and chicken chow mien (wasn’t very good)
  • social inclusion
    have made several friends at my college course (but i only see them at that time)
  • cleaning
    can sort and put the rubbish out and mostly manage to do dishes
  • driving
    have been driving a bit

not a very good list but these are things i’ve been working on but i still feel i need help and i don’t think i could do it all without support.

4 Likes

You are doing pretty well. Keep trying. Some help would be good…

2 Likes

good on you for doing all those things, it takes time to learn new skills.
the first time i baked a cake i used ’ plain ’ flour !?!..the kitchen was a bomb site…and the flat brown ’ thing ’ i baked was harder than rock…but it made a good frisbie !!!
take care

3 Likes

Keep going mate your doing well.

1 Like

Sweep seems like a great friend to you… I’m sure you do help her too…

Also… didn’t you take her to Florida with you? The two of you share good times and adventures.

3 Likes

she does a lot more for me than her so i would like to pay her for that and with this self directed support i can be her employer i think (idk how it works really) but i’m looking into it, sounds encouraging :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think paying her if you can would go a long way !
You are taking on a lot and sounds like you are doing well.

1 Like

Lol, it takes my mind off of other things anyway and I am always thinking up schemes like this anr its 50/50 usually if it works, I have been extremely lucky so far but that’s bc I have taken a chance or (risk) as they say and its paid off on a good few occasions like getting my own house and lots of things, opportunities present themselves to me and I can’t ignore it.

1 Like

I agree work on one thing at a time or when they pop up, I’d pick what you find the easiest and work from there that way when you feel you’re improving it will help boost the desire to tackle the harder challenges.

2 Likes