I struggle using a windows computer

Had iMac’s 15 years now. When I used a windows computer in an internet cafe in Sri Lanka after many many years I couldn’t work it. I had to get help from the attendant, I guess I’m computer illiterate? I can do everything on a Mac though.

2 Likes

When I had an apple laptop, I couldn’t do basic tasks on it sometimes. I prefer windows.

1 Like

It’s cause buttons and user interface slightly different. Finding settings. Little things will throw you off completely.

Like new operating system upgrades can cause these problems too

4 Likes

I think many people prefer and only use either Apple computers or Windows computers. So, for those people, it would be natural.to be proficient using their preferred computer type, and not proficient in using other computers and operating systems.

I prefer and only use Windows computers and am not proficient in using Apple computers (desktops or laptops).

I am proficient in using other Apple electronics such as iPhones and iPads since I own and use both.

3 Likes

Windows can drive you nuts. Well I have windows 10 right now. I need to go to eleven.

3 Likes

I use a Mac for my personal use, and Windows for work

Both have good things about them

My main reason for using Mac at home is because it links to my Watch and phone. Literally everything is linked, and I have to do very little to maintain anything.

I tolerate windows computers for work

4 Likes

Just put yer dongle in it and you gon be just fine

:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

I use windows and linux.

3 Likes

I don’t really care what I use so long as it works. I find some aspects of MacOS to be elegant and some to be extremely clumsy (e.g. file handling is just awful). I would honestly be happy to standardize on Linux if the driver and software support was consistent. I refuse to pay extra for Mac when I can get as much or more done on a Windows PC at half the price. My home is a mixture of Windows 10/11, Linux (Debian/Mint/Raspian) and ChromeOS. The database back end for SQFM runs on a Pi4 with Linux and MariaDB. The automation runs in Windows 7 in VMs on Debian Linux on PCs.

2 Likes

I thought Mac is out off business I don’t hear much here these days

I find windows easy enough to use but it seems super buggy sometimes. Folders being created, copied and moved without doing anything.

1 Like

I hate that the DOJ are trying to sue Apple and how they make their products.

It will be awful if they make Apple open like android and windows

1 Like

Not really. Nothing says you have to use the other app stores. You can stick with the Apple one if you want and nothing changes for you. It just means that others have more options. It’s actually a reason for more people to buy Apple (snort!).

Why would I want more options on my phone?
:lying_face:

Apple is the only company I don’t mind controlling everything. They have a vision.

If they break up Apple. They won’t be able to make good products and innovation will stifle

With android having 80% market world wide share I don’t understand this lawsuit

1 Like

It’s several different companies manufacturing Androids phones.

Well all empires fall. I guess.

I hope the case has no legs.

Do we want a world without an Apple ecosystem walled garden. Most buy Apple for it.

Because you’ll have access to different apps that aren’t available in the Apple store. A lot of publishers don’t want to pay the fee Apple charges for being in their store. If you don’t want the options nothing changes for you. It just makes life easier for others. Unless you object to that?

2 Likes

Well eu Apple iPhones allow side loading now.

Sounds like a malware nightmare waiting to happen.

I totally object to that I’m a isheep.

1 Like