Linux, Apple or Windows

Witch OS do you prefer, and why?
I love my ubuntu Budgie! I’m using Linux for 10 years now.

3 Likes

I prefer windows because that’s all I have been getting since childhood.

3 Likes

I love my Mac. I’ve used Windows machine before, but much prefer Mac. They are solid as a rock, never crash and this is important when doing recording

Linux is probably the most Rock Solid though

1 Like

I sometimes switch to Linux. But currently will not and and not in the future. I Yesterday got and 27 inch all in one pc. I rarely play but still often enough to rely on windows. Also I’m having and Office 365 subscription.

I had no problems with Windows 10 in the last couple years. Maybe I get an Lenovo Thinkpad, a used one, next year. On that I would put Linux. Currently saving up for a second Monitor.

2 Likes

But the update process of Windows 10 really puts me off.

2 Likes

windows. macOS is pretty good for for music production. but for gaming and everything else i prefer windows

2 Likes

i dont like how apple releases a new os every year or so. with windows there are just updates but you can run windows on pc’s from 9+ years ago and never have to worry about your pc not being supported anymore. i dislike that about macs that they basically force u to buy a newer computer after a certain amounts of years or have the risk of not getting security updates anymore

3 Likes

I used Kali Linux now and again - when i was gathering the neighbours wifi keys, cos i was too tight to buy my own, but not used it for ages.

Just windows 10 for me, never used any apple software or products - i think they are way overpriced.

1 Like

From a tech support point of view, let me sum it up: anyone who sells Apple computers to anyone over 60 deserves a public stoning.

2 Likes

I use Windows and Linux (Ubuntu). I switch back and forth. I keep Windows on my computer because occasionally a game comes out I want to play, otherwise I spend a lot of time using Ubuntu.

1 Like

Windows. I am a PC gamer.

1 Like

I use Linux, Apple aka mac, and windows.

I am technology guru and certified tech, and programmer, and electrician, and electrial repair tech.

2 Likes

Windows, because it’s what I’m used to

1 Like

Both linux and windows !
They each have their advantages…
I was on linux for 8 years, but I switched to windows cause it’s easier with music creation and games.
Sometimes I go back to linux. (no viruses.)

3 Likes

I have used Windows most of my life. I got a Mac several years back when I was young and just using it to write papers and search the web. MacOS was okay then. But just okay. That said, I’ll never buy another one. I’ve found it’s very limiting, especially for the price you pay for them… I’m interested in building a computer and using Linux soon. There are lots of options with Linux but I’ve got some more learning to do before I go that route. Probably just going to get a Windows PC when my Mac craps the bed and save up for a new build during that time. Too poor to buy now:/

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.