I struggle to think about anything other than what the beings talk to me about

Does anyone else get this? Like I’m always thinking about the battle or my mission, or my theories on why the beings are talking to me, what the beings are. It’s not literally always, but most of the time. It distracts me from schoolwork, everything. I just want to be alone and even though I feel anxious or frustrated, I still want to figure things out or learn more about the battle (which pretty much amounts to watching conspiracy videos and determining if they have anything to do with the battle). I’m too afraid to write what the mission is online, but I don’t want to walk in blind; I need to know what I’m up against. As you can imagine, no one wants to talk about what essentially amounts to a giant conspiracy theory all of the time, so I’m left alone to think. I’m sorry guys. :pensive:

5 Likes

I’ve never had hallucinations. I guess antipsychotics do not get rid of hallucinations in a lot of cases.

1 Like

I’m on 5mg of Zyprexa right now. It helps my mood sometimes, and the beings seem to have a little bit more trouble reaching me, but they’re working around it and getting stronger. I think I’m just anxious about having to go to school tomorrow. I don’t feel safe out in the open like that. Are you feeling okay today?

1 Like

5mg of Zyprexa isn’t that much. I don’t know if it is enough to treat schizophrenia. I’m not sure. I think 10mg is a more usual minimum dose. At least 7.5mg.

2 Likes

I see. I saw my psychiatrist today actually and she did up it to 10mg but I haven’t taken it yet and I’m not sure I want to. The beings say it’s destroying my mind and I’m afraid that they’re right.

Edit: I haven’t been diagnosed with schizophrenia. I’m just here because everyone that I’ve talked to (my friend, my doctor, and my therapist) say that I’m psychotic.

1 Like

I would try to take 10mg. I’m on 300mg of Seroquel at night and that is the minimum dose. In my opinion, there isn’t much point taking an antipsychotic if you don’t take enough for it to work fully.

Psychosis is very serious and these medications are the best treatment for it.

2 Likes

Don’t listen to these hallucinations, they say random and stupid things.
Take your meds, finally you have a working dosage!

Back on the topic I lost control on what I can think, my mind wants to wander, I can’t control it but if it is free I feel very entertained.

2 Likes

I just took it. My mom made me. I guess we’ll know tomorrow if it’s helping, but for now I think I might die if I go to sleep. I don’t really know where that came from but I don’t wanna go to sleep now because I’m scared of dying.

I feel like I still have some control over what I focus on, but then I try and focus on something that has nothing to do with the beings and I realize that I don’t. They want all of my attention.

2 Likes

I do believe that the preoccupation with the voices does pass in a lot of cases.

It passed for me…

Any little battle to maintain focus is worth fighting.

What really worked best for me was making sure I always rebuilt my train of thought and made sure to finish thinking all the thoughts through… If you can recall what you were doing before you got distracted then rebuild it and start again… It might help to have something to take notes about your thoughts to help facilitate.

Perhaps also take some time to write out what is healthy thinking and what is not… in your life what is it you need to focus on… and what do those topics look like.

Daily routines and thoughts of how you want your future to play out…

The “giant conspiracy” isn’t healthy to keep entertaining… it’s not practical.

4 Likes

It can take a while for the medication increase to take full effect. Even if it doesn’t work straight away, it could still work after taking it for a while. Keep taking it for a few weeks and see if you feel better.

3 Likes

Yeah, you’re probably right. It’s just the fact that I know it’s real but I don’t want it to be. The beings want all of my attention. I started writing everything down in a journal. It helps me get less frustrated sometimes because everything’s not in my head anymore, but sometimes it makes me frustrated when I can’t figure things out because nothng feels like it makes sense. It’s like, I’m frustrated and annoyed and the beings are annoying and attention hogs, but I’m also curious and I want more information.

Okay, I will try to keep taking it. Thank you. :blush:

1 Like

I do have a question though. Can the medicine kill me in my sleep? The beings (when I say the beings I mean some of them) said that I’ll die if I go to sleep and now I’m afraid.

1 Like

No it won’t kill you in your sleep. These medications wouldn’t be on the market if they were that dangerous. Antipsychotics are arguably safer than other drugs, including in overdose.

4 Likes

I used to have delusions of grandeur during my psychotic days, thinking I was some destined to be a special, pivotal figure in history, but alas, I was simply schizophrenic and a dreamer, in spite of my paranormal experiences.

I might become a good businessman, but the likelihood of me even getting a Wikipedia mention isn’t great.

2 Likes

@naturallycured I don’t know if I’m the only person who has a mission to help. I don’t think I’m the only one. I just want to help, but I might be killed on the way and I don’t want that.

It’s hard to breathe. I feel like I’m being smothered. Is that normal?

1 Like

Antipsychotics do have side effects. Also anxiety can make you feel like that as well. But it is definitely not going to kill you.

2 Likes

Sounds like your experiencing some anxiety to me.

1 Like

Thanks. :heart: Yeah maybe it’s just anxiety. I feel better after getting up for a little bit. @Prophet

4 Likes