I still regret my past

I lament over my past very much …!!!
If i was given good chances i could have avoided SZ …!!!
I am not still believing i have Sz…!!! I roam a lot tried a lot nothing make out…!!
I suffered from my late teen age still suffering …!!! U guys are great…??
Thanks…!!!

2 Likes

who doesn’t?! I am not sure how many percentage of people regret their past.

1 Like

why do you regret your past>?

1 Like

Cuz i couldn’t make good decision on time…!!! My confidence was way too low…!!!
Nobody helped me that time … i also lament i couldn’t take help from others as well…!!!
My mid teens were worst at that time …!!! i am brought up in as highly overprotected and severely depandant child …!!! I was ignored as well…!!! And also i got lot of chance… my decision making was never good…!!! I didn’t realize i have mental illness…!!! I took medication at right time never continued…!!! I blame my father always…!!! but its not working…!!! It is complicated more than it seems…!!! thanks Karen for asking…!!!

2 Likes

yeah I know… my parents did not do a better job either. you need to learn to help yourself… getting angry for something you can not control is illogical…

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die

4 Likes

I’ve found you can’t completely forget the past, but it shouldn’t be a constant companion.

2 Likes

I regret my past too. Not giving my wonderful ex boyfriend a chance but running off to the convent instead. And not getting my drivers licence sooner. And not going to varsity after a highly successful school career. But then I couldn’t because I got sz…

1 Like

I wish I could erase my life between the ages of 11 and 20. They were horrible times and I hate the fact that I keep getting tormented with the memories of my past. It has given the Sz so much fuel to burn in my mind it’s just ridiculous.

I am very lucky my family stuck by me as that would have been the final nail in the coffin that time period would have done.

I think for me regret isn’t a strong enough term.

Hate my past, hate my future, is what it is I guess

1 Like

I’m not the most religious person but I find comfort in Ecclesiastes which says that all we do will turn to dust. This includes the memory of the bad things we do. You don’t have to go to church to appreciate that the worst things that happen fade in our memories individually and collectively. Some day you may find that you have plenty of company in doing foolish things.

1 Like

Sometimes I regret what I haven’t done better. I wish I can handle relationship better and gives my loved ones good memories of love. Other times I double if my illness is in my biological make up and if I’m destined to fail in everything. I really wish I can cook more often for him and treat him like a King. I wish I could buy my father a place before my sz. I wish I could make my mom feel being loved.

I have made so many bad decisions, I could write a damn book about it. I have paranoia everyday that I will be tortured and tormented from all my horrible, self defeating mistakes. I try to focus on today and the future and forgive myself but it’s hard. Maybe 2017 will be my year for peace. We’ll see.

I hate my past. I could accidentally trigger myself into a state of very bad thoughts, by thinking about certain events in my past.

but I don’t hate my future. at least not yet anyways…

1 Like