I saw 60 minutes last night on TV

They were talking about mental illness and committing crimes. Also they talked about people with mental illness hurting themselves. They talked about the police needing to understand mental illness better. They also talked about gun control, and people with mental illness…and the possibility of people hurting themselves.

5 Likes

I personally don’t like having guns around. When I was married my husband kept his guns at his son’s house for many reasons. First off, they were already there, second off I had been 51/50 and wasn’t allowed to be around guns for 5 years, third off it wasn’t safe for me to be around guns. He doesn’t know it, but I am aware that those guns are now in the house. I don’t know where they are but I don’t like it. I wouldn’t know how to find one of them, find the bullets, load it, figure out how to get the safety off and shoot it if I was suicidal or homicidal so that’s my only reason I’m not totally freaking out about it.

2 Likes

Do you know if this episode is available online?

I’m not sure, but it came on around 7:30 give or take. I’m not sure if it was on ABC or CBS or NBC. Check witch tv station it was on and you might find it.

1 Like

I found out how to order a Larry king Live show. So you might be able to order the 60 minutes show.

I am glad there is no easy access to firearms in the UK.

The general public have no reason here now to have them.

You have to think, if I have a gun and my enemy has a gun, then there is parity. However, if neither has a gun and all you have is fists, you can have at it without the final ultimate death - in most cases - that guns would have.

We have police by consent in the UK, and although terrorism means more have guns, most don’t and have less lethal means to neutralise a threat.

It puzzles me that the US have the amount of guns in circulation that they do. Seems the cat is out of the bag and politicians are paralysed by the lobbyists in the capital.

I really hope they sort something out. If I lived there I would carry a gun, as to be frank, it seems dangerous.

I visited New York City in 2014, and we had someone try to lure us to a location in central park to rob us. I did not feel that safe afterwards. He could have been armed.

We were watching 60 minutes once and my wife asked me how long is this show?

I got a good laugh out of that.

5 Likes

That is funny lol lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.