I really hate Microsoft Windows now

I just use my phone for everything.

But today I had to boot up my PC to copy files to a usb stick and it took ages.

I resent using Windows.

Any 3rd party applications I have on there are outdated, as there’s no automatic updates.

I consider myself lucky that I don’t actually need to use my PC regularly.

End of rant.

10 Likes

If I need to print or scan anything, I have to boot up my old laptop as windows 11 doesn’t recognise my printer and the drivers it needs no longer work.

Pfftt…

4 Likes

Ah gawd. That doesn’t surprise me though.

2 Likes

There are the rolling release linux distros. You get the latest softwareupdates but it is not always stable. Then there are the distros that release updates once a year or so.
Most productive applications are not for the phone. I use the phone mostly for media consumption.

2 Likes

At least with linux, everything is in a repository, and you update things centrally.

1 Like

Windows is the best way for gaming, I have Win 11 and files copy very fast as I have a fast usb key and ssds. If you don’t game I understand, a phone can do everything unless you work on Windows.

2 Likes

If I ever wanted to get into gaming, I’d get a console I think. I can no longer take the pain of Windows! :joy:

3 Likes

Windows does me. But i do regret upgrading to 11. It really knackers Steam VR when your trying to stream to the Quest 2 wirelessly.Took hours to tweak the ruddy thing for Halflife Alyx. It does on my rig anyway.

Still on Hdd’s, ive got 3 SSDs i keep meaning to pay the shop to fit.

2 Likes

Consoles aren’t free of bugs! My brother and friend had to RMA their ps5 as it constantly crashes. Now only one game crashes rarely because of bad coding, cod.

2 Likes

I wish there was proper driver and software support for Linux. I tolerate Windows, but I’m not a fan.

2 Likes

I like my HP Chromebook. :slight_smile: It’s kinda like using your phone… but on a laptop. It’s got a lot of the same apps that I have on my Android phone. I get notifications for apps, calendar, texts, etc, on both my phone and laptop.

I like it. But it takes some getting used to.

Instead of using programs like Microsoft Word or Excel, I use Google Docs and Google Sheets. I like that it saves to the cloud and I can pull up the same documents on my phone, via the same apps.

2 Likes

I use a MacBook Air for watching shows/movies on the couch, and I have my desktop Windows PC for gaming and creative work like 3d modeling. I don’t think windows is bad, I think MAC OS is better, but you can’t really game on a Mac (except some games). Considered switching to Mac @everhopeful ?

3 Likes

I’ve considered switching to Linux but not mac. I used to use linux before I was diagnosed. But linux and mac have the same problem, that is lack of available software.

I just have my windows laptop as insurance really. In case I ever need it. But I really don’t like it.

3 Likes

I used to dual boot Lubuntu linux with Windows for fun and learning about Linux. Maybe I should do it again. I like that Lubuntu only uses like max 200mb of RAM and its much faster than Windows.

2 Likes

The booting of desktop or laptop is annoying. I don’t shut of my device anymore, but have it on 10 minutes before it goes into hibernation mode. That works pretty good for me.

2 Likes

Everything you said can be fixed by an SSD drive!

2 Likes

You can print from an iPhone. No software required. I don’t need a computer anymore.

Maybe same on android.

2 Likes

Yeah Windows has always sucked. It was a great idea when it first hit the market but now I do not care for it.

@Aziz

I was so disappointed with the 360 bc after a year or so I got the red rings of death.

The Switch has never failed me though.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.