I probably don’t deserve pip

I brought up the subject and then he started gathering his laptop and notes to end the appointment. He was in a rush to go somewhere.

Is pip for the disabled/mentally ill?

Yes I applied for 4th time.

1 Like

I’m lucky I was able to get SSI here in the states. I was locked up in a psychiatric hospital and one day a woman came and asked me questions and typed my answers into her laptop and then the next year I got SSI. If I never went to the psychiatric hospital I never would have tried to get SSI.

1 Like

I was in hospital two months ago but I doubt it would make any difference to my claim. I pretty sure it’s gonna get denied because they don’t look at diagnosis but your ability to function

1 Like

Do you have difficulty functioning? I used to but then it improved for me over the years.

1 Like

I can’t hold a job for more than 2 years sometimes months at a time. I want to work but as I can only do part time I thought pip would be useful … I get a lot of anxiety

1 Like

I used to get lots of anxiety so I tried to meditate and it seemed to help.

1 Like

i don’t know what pip is but if it’s like disability and you can’t work or take care of yourself then i would go for it again.

1 Like

I can work but I can still claim it. But I guess it makes my chances of getting it less.

yea if you can work it will prob be harder to get it…

1 Like

Unfortunately the criteria for PIP is really high. It also seems to be based around physical disabilities, or issues with people processing information.

I talked to Citizen’s Advice about it and they basically said, if I feel like I am able to wash and eat by myself without prompting/assistance that its very unlikely that I am to get it. So I didn’t apply a third time based on this.

Regardless of this - I was on both rates for Disability Living Allowance (medium care component, low mobility). They’ve just made it impossibly difficult for people like us to get money.

1 Like

Have you considered attendance allowance ?

No. I’ve never heard of it. Looking at it now.

My Mum was looking into applying for carer’s allowance.

1 Like

I’m looking into attendance allowance.

Sorry it’s if your state pension age.

1 Like

Oh lol. Im 30. Little while to go yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just lie on your PIP form. You deserve it. I have no schizophrenic symptoms currently, but when I applied I mentioned 4 hospital visits, anxiety, intrusive thoughts, previous dissociation. Exaggerating a bit won’t hurt. Everyone who gets psychosis should be entitled to PIP.

2 Likes

I didn’t lie on it and should have qualified but the face to Face visits is where it goes wrong

Due to covid, there are no face to face visits, so now is a good time to reapply I guess.

2 Likes