I ordered some L-Carnosine

Well I’ve ordered some of this (thanks @firemonkey)

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-L-Carnosine-500-mg-100-Veg-Capsules/457

I intend to take 1g a day.

Nothing ventured nothing gained I guess.

2 Likes

Welcome to the club @everhopeful. I take 1 g a day as well.

1 Like

Did you notice anything yet ? Good or bad ? ( i know it’s early days)

1 Like

I haven’t noticed much. I also started taking L Tryptophan. There seems to be a lot of uses for L Carnosine so maybe if you have other issues you don’t know about it is helping as well.

1 Like

My schizophrenia did feel like it got worse when I took it though. As for the benefits I’m still an idiot. I got back onto Sarcosine to combat the symptoms. I feel fine now though.

I think it made the positive symptoms worse. That’s the voices right?

2 Likes

Oh. Eeek. Thanks I’ll watch out for that.

1 Like

The voices happened the first day when I took it on an empty stomach I took 1.5 grams.

1 Like

I don’t hear voices but that’s not an encouraging sign :confused:

Anyway. It’s just yet another experiment. I got lucky with L-theanine maybe I’ll get lucky with this. I was sad NAC didn’t work out for me. I have my suspicions that it had a mild interaction with abilify.

1 Like

It looks like Vitamin E increases the efficiency of L Carnosine.

1 Like

That’s good info. I’ll probably just try it on it’s own to begin with just so I can see what effect it’s having in isolation.

1 Like

The thing is not to expect instant results with anything you try.

2 Likes

Regarding the l-tryptophan, that apparently increases kynurenic acid the the brain, which is thought to be already high in sz.

2 Likes

whoops…asdfsad

I took L Tryptophan based on this. I already had some left over because I tried using it as an appetite suppressant a couple of months ago.

http://www.uofmhealth.org/health-library/hn-1259003#hn-1259003-supplements

I think amino acids are under-studied in sz, and it’s a shame because they’re fairly safe (as compared to many other supplements and meds) cheap, and widely available.

I read that section on tryptophan and the results seemed mixed, including that item at the bottom that a low tryptophan diet improved symptoms.

2 Likes