I may sound crazy, but people are reading my mind

I don’t have a single ounce of privacy anymore. Neighbors that live across the street from my house are reading my mind. They’ve been repeating my thoughts and sharing them in their little group chats. There are these thoughts that aren’t even mine that just randomly pop up. They repeat them and ruin my reputation with them. Don’t believe me? I literally see them opening their blinds and windows whenever someone drives me home. And I hear them. Even in my own head I hear them talk about me. I’m tired of living in this constant state of paranoia. Already heard them say that my reputation was burned to smithereens. As I’m writing this I still hear them and just can’t get rid of them. All I want is help. If anyone will.

2 Likes

Welcome.

If you find yourself in need of help, just tag a moderator. Type the @ symbol, then our names

@Moonbeam, @Ninjastar, @Bowens and @voithos

If you have not discovered our official forum rules and read them yet, you can find them here.

Enjoy your stay with us!

1 Like

It sounds like you could be hearing voices and have delusions of thought broadcasting.

Do you see a psychiatrist? Do you take antipsychotics?

Welcome to the forum :smiley::smiley::smiley:

In all honesty I don’t need any medicine. I have a therapist that I’ll be talking to later today about this situation.

1 Like

Happy to be here!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

This is a fairly common issue in our community.

You are not hearing other’s thoughts,

It’s your own brain.

But the fear is real.

My symptoms often feel very real too.

I hope you’re able to find the help you need.

I see you don’t want medication and I can respect that.

I’d still see a doctor to see what they say and at least know what you could be doing.

1 Like

If you think people are reading your mind then the odds are you do.

Welcome to the community.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have met a doctor and they said they’d either take me to an emergency room and analyze me for 45 minutes or allow me to talk to someone else. I’d probably get back to them in a week or so about that situation.

Thanks for the warm welcome. The thing that scares me about the medicine is that I don’t want the side effects to damage my brain or any part of my body in general. But I appreciate you for being respectful.

1 Like

I have been on psych meds since 1993 and I’m able to work full-time, have a family, and have a good life. You can mitigate a lot of the problems with the meds simply by eating well and exercising regularly.

3 Likes

Being in the mental state you are in isn’t a picnic for your brain either. Not taking anti-psychotics doesn’t equal preserving your brain as is. Psychosis is a degenerative condition for the brain, it’s not a holding pattern. If you don’t want to take medication don’t but I’m afraid the reason you put forth doesn’t validate your choice as much as you seem to think it does. I’d advise you to look up the effects psychotic episodes have on the brain long term, since they are linked with a straight up loss of brain tissue, perhaps you’ll re-evaluate how beneficial your course of action is for your brain.

2 Likes

Seconding this. You’ll do more damage to yourself without meds than you will with. There is science backing this up.

1 Like

This is a very common symptom. Happens to many people here. Seeing a doctor cna help you greatly :slightly_smiling_face: welcome btw!

2 Likes

You’re deeper than they are.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.