I’m really struggling with motivation

I can’t seem to get motivated. I’m having trouble getting through my exercise. And doing things around the house. Somehow I need to snap out of it

6 Likes

I am struggling with motivation too now for a few weeks. Maybe try tackling one room at a time around your house ?

Once you start moving the motivation will come.

1 Like

Ah lack of motivation… I know it well.

1 Like

Yeah. I usually do a little bit everyday. But I need to do more. I just don’t feel like doing anything

1 Like

I too have trouble getting started sometimes. Last time I cleaned I took the time to see how long it would take to do things. It was really surprising how much cleaning I could get done in like half a hour. If I did that a few times each week that would probably be enough.

I’m struggling right now, but I have plans to get into a rountine. Maybe set a fixed time of the day where I put in time to get the cleaning and tidying done.

1 Like

Yeah. That’s true. You can clean a lot in a short time. It’s a good reminder to myself. Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m having issues with motivation too. Even leaving the apartment. I hope you feel better soon.

1 Like

I also have severe apathy can’t seem to get through anything. Feel lazy.

2 Likes

Thanks @roxanna

1 Like

Do you think abolition is caused by the disease or the meds?

1 Like

I think alittle of both.

1 Like

I am struggling with motivation. What helps me is sleeping 2 to 3 hours in the afternoon. And lowering my expectations with exercise to walking. For instance today I went for a walk in the morning and now, I feel like going for a walk again, whilst it is getting darker

1 Like

That’s great @anon51377248. My neighborhood isn’t safe enough to walk in but if I want to I can walk at the gym. I’ve been doing a combo of walking and jogging. It’a just hard to be motivated to do it. The last 2 days I went for 22 minutes and then 25 minutes on the elliptical. I just didn’t have the energy or motivation to continue. But today is a new day and I’m going to try again

2 Likes

My condolences on the lack of motivation, I know how it is. I’ll sit here doing absolutely nothing, feeling guilt over it, paralyzed in a heavy sludge of nothingness for motivation.

I do my best to schedule 2 hours of chores a day. But some days I just can’t. Wish I had a trick to help.

Keep up the good fight.

3 Likes

I’m sorry @Ooorgle. I know it’s hard to feel good about yourself when you’re unmotivated. Hopefully you get some energy soon

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that Pianogal.

Here’s to trying again.

If it gets too overwhelming just don’t feel bad to take a break from exercise for a bit.

1 Like

Dopamine plays a major role in motivation. So it can occur due to low dopamine either from medication or from the disease itself. Anyway there are couple of things you can do to improve the situation.

Make sure your vitamin D, B12 and thyroid hormone level is in optimal ranges. Deficiencies in these can cause low mood and energy. Thyroid function require certain minerals for optimal function it include selenium and zinc. So make sure not low in these.

Get regular exercise and sleep enough at night and avoid naps during day time. Even if take nap keep it very short like less than 20 minutes as long naps can interfere with night sleep.

1 Like

I take a multivitamin, b complex, and vitamin d every day. My levels according to my labs are all good. I think it’s probably my meds. I exercise 5 times a week too. But I still think you gave me great advice

1 Like

I’m too motivated right now. It’s confusing.

Don’t know which direction to push.

Probably hypomania.

2 Likes

Do you have bipolar or SZA?