I'm really struggling with motivation right now

Even little things seem so hard. I feel like I can’t move my body at all. I didn’t even want to get a cup of coffee. I need to take a bath and get on clean clothes and it seems unsurmountable. I don’t know what’s going on.

6 Likes

I am in the same boat. It sucks. :bear::bear::bear:

2 Likes

Relatable. Nothing will help apart from just doing it. That’s all that can happen when you’re in these situations. Just doing it.

5 Likes

I need to take a shower and change my clothes but it’s hard for me. I put it off as long as I can until my dad talks me into it.

2 Likes

It’s been two days, so I could go another, but I know I would feel better if I could only just get started.

2 Likes

I always feel better after a good shower.

2 Likes

Another thing is I slept from Midnight to 3am then from 330 to 6am then from 630 to 1130. And I feel like going back to sleep again.

1 Like

I know what you mean. I’ve got to take the trash out to the dumpster, and I’m procrastinating.

3 Likes

I feel like doing very little.
Can’t find the energy to take a shower or shave.

You aren’t alone @Leaf.

2 Likes

I’m like that all the time. It’s my biggest problem by far.

3 Likes

I have the problem all the time but this is a new low, I feel like I can barely move I’m so unmotivated. I’m worried about myself if this goes on.

3 Likes

Maybe you need more time until hitting that point where you say “enough of this, shower time!” I
peed myself and haven’t cleaned up, but I know I’ll soon have enough of the stink of my own pee.

2 Likes

Yeah maybe you’re right. Tomorrow maybe I’ll be more motivated. I finally got motivated enough to get up and go smoke a cigarette. I wonder if maybe I’m coming down with something, I hope it’s not corona virus lol

2 Likes

A cigarette isn’t a shower but it’s stepping away from the bed. When something seems complex for me I eliminate steps and just put one action in the queue. Then I lie there until my body tells me it’s time to act.

Get better, leaf! The brain will make motivation when it feels it’s time. And enjoy
this summer that’s winding down. It’s not blistering anymore and nights are cool.

1 Like

Thanks, I am thankful it’s not too hot anymore, that was getting on my nerves. Last night when I did laundry I was actually cold going back and forth to the laundry room. It was too bad my sweater was in the wash.

1 Like

I had the same until I started taking reagila (caripraxine). Now I have more motivation. Though I shower once every three days still. But it got better with the small things like brushing the teeth and doing makeup.

1 Like

Clozapine can make me feel so tired. Like I have no energy. I’m just lying in bed.

You giving option to not do, delay etc. Then it becomes a habit. This is why it becomes a problem. Force yourself to do those and follow the good habits without fail.

I struggle with motivation too. Shower once a week, don’t brush teeth or hair, house not so clean, haven’t painted in months and months… it’s so hard. I’m brilliant at procrastinating.

It’s all too much effort. I just wait for a good day to come… they are few but they do come.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.