I’m really struggling with motivation

Paranoid schizophrenia.

1 Like

Oh ok. I didn’t know paranoid sz could cause hypomania

1 Like

I have this problem, too. Yesterday I got an email with the idea of “inspiration.” So I found a new weekly inspirational email that I signed up for. Other sources for me are reading short stories and getting various emails.

2 Likes

Good idea @Here4You :slight_smile:

except for my walks in the back yard with the dogs I don’t exercise…good for you for even trying to have a routine…

1 Like

Rich Roll is an an improvement guru: "Mood follows action. This agrees with my experiences of feeling better after 20 min of exercise. It’s not get in the mood to, but do exercise to get brain chemical reward.

1 Like

I am exercising, it’s just not making me motivated. I’m doing high intensity interval training 5 days a week. But it’s hard to do it because I feel no motivation, not even after 20 minutes of it. I think it’s my meds causing it

My pdr said Wellbutrin can increase motivation but it didn’t work for me. Users who take it here say it increases their motivation. Its a stimulant, boosts dopamine and norepinephrine (adrenaline).

1 Like

Wellbutrin caused me to have severe OCD. I can’t take it. But I agree with you that’s it’s a good idea for most people

1 Like

I have SZA and problems with motivation too. I try to brush my teeth veery day, though somewhat year ago it was simply too difficult to do. What changed I started taking reagila (cariprazine) and it gradually increased my motivation. Though it’s still far from being perfect, I dress up and do makeup every day and it brings me joy. It’s already a progress for me. Household is still a tough subject for me. I try doing it regularly but end up cleaning just one max two rooms instead of the whole house. It’s not easy for my husband to watch me do so. But unfortunately I have no idea on how to increase my Motivation :frowning:

1 Like

I’m sorry you’re going through that. I’ll look up the med you mentioned. Thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

1 Like

I remember when I was coming back down to reality I got hit with a very severe depression which killed my motivation and drive. My psychiatrist prescribed me Wellbutrin and it was a whole new world I went to. Started taking regular showers, dressing nice and even started working a little bit. I’ve been consistently taking it for more than a year and am doing pretty good so far. See if you can get your psychiatrist to prescribe you Wellbutrin. I know it’s not easy to deal with all of the problems that come with this illness but hang in there hopefully it gets better for you.

1 Like

Its Vraylar, I am waiting for it.

1 Like

Took it for a month, sadly it didn’t help.

1 Like

Yeah I’m struggling with motivation. Really need to brush my teeth and have shower.

1 Like

I’m glad it helped you so much. I can’t take Wellbutrin. I tried it a long time ago and it made me have really bad OCD. But I think you gave good advice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good luck with the Vraylar!

1 Like

Just think on how good your teeth feel after brushing, and how good s hot shower feels

2 Likes

True. Thanks I’ll try that.

1 Like

What helped me with the teeth was :1)telling myself what bad can happen if I brush just one tooth? Then one more, the next day even two more etc. until I’ve done it! 2)thinking about my teeth being yellow with cavities and my most dear person, my daughter looking at me and at my stinky almost rotten teeth…this image was quite strong and I didn’t want this to happen, I love her so much, I want her to be proud of her mommy.
Hope this helps. My husband gave me all these tips and I’m grateful.

2 Likes