I have this friend

Actually I have two friends I want to talk about. One has to be high on something almost all day everyday or she can’t function and the other has to be high and drunk, both are wanting to quit. I don’t know what to think, do or say to these people to help them. Where do they go to get help? Who do they tell? What will happen to their lives if they have to go to treatment programs? What kind of programs are there? If they won’t go to treatment what is their first step for at home treatment? Other than quitting cold turkey I know nothing about quitting. Let me know what I can say to help them.

Just be a friend. So keep in touch. Be there to listen to them and provide some insight or encouragement for going through the detox. You can’t be everything to everyone but you can continue to help where you can even if that means just being there to listen.

Heaps of programs and help is out there if they are interested. It’s never an easy thing but many of us have come off substance abuse and survived quite well.

1 Like

The reason I put off quitting smoking so long was that I was convinced it was impossible. Then, the people around me were successfully quitting and I saw it can be done. If you know anyone who has been successful about this, introduce them to them.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.