I have lost my motivation to go outside

It’s 2 more weeks before I return to Belgium from Barcelona but I have lost my motivation to go outside.

I prefer these days to sit in the sofa or to lie in bed and to listen to music and surf the web.

I really have to push myself to go outside sometimes.

Have you lost the motivation to go outside as well?

8 Likes

Yes. To some extent. The winter started it all for me and , even though it is getting nicer outside now, I am still in the grip of winters isolation.

Doctors appointments are primarily what get me out of the house these days.

2 Likes

How are your doc appointments going? Any news?

2 Likes

I have a GI appointment to discuss colonoscopy Tuesday and a regular doc appointment Wednesday(Valentines day). So, Ive got a few days break. I’d have to look at the calendar to pin down other appointments, but its generally 1 or 2 a week these days. Thanks for asking.

2 Likes

True bro honestly unless it’s sunny outside I only go outside to workout or to get groceries really. Summer time I do like to be outside though cause the sun

4 Likes

I avoid going out because majority people in this neighbourhood give off hostile stuck up vibes and are bullies with vibes etc and have been for years.

I don’t want to be around people who walk all over me and disrespect me.

I “have to” take my dog out .
I try to go for walk early morning when there’s not as many people out.

2 Likes

Happens to me sometimes, i just feel comfortable inside the flat. Everything i need is here. My books, my laptop and my bed/sofa.

4 Likes

I can’t go outside by myself.
Can’t handle hearing people talking about and following me.
Also I don’t have any reason to go outside.

My pDoc doubled my PRN seroquel to 600mg so I’ll see if that will help.

4 Likes

I’ve never been an outdoors person.

However I reckon it’s necessary to bask in the sun sometimes, and walking does me good.

I briefly leave home almost daily, either for shopping or to go to the park.

3 Likes

its opposite for me.i love to go outdoor.i m traveling 320km because of my job.everyday i m travelling 5 hours with busses train and subways.passengers who are travelling with me not friendly thats why i reading books when i travelling.i m reading lord of the rings trilogy atm next i m planning the read dracula

4 Likes

I usually walk my dog in the morning, but other than that, I don’t spend much time outside. Although I did get my smoker out yesterday and smoked some chicken wings, which was fun

3 Likes

This is also a struggle for me. I can get outside, but it is so hard to take those first steps. I hate winter so much now.

4 Likes

Yea I have to force myself to go out for walks but once I come home I feel better for it. Today’s a beautiful day so it’s a bit easier.

2 Likes

Evidence of this beautiful day…

9 Likes

It looks nice but its freezing outside :joy:

2 Likes

Oh really? Where I am it’s actually warm in the sun. Make sure to wear a fat coat! Freezing weather can suck sometimes.

2 Likes

I didn’t i wore a thin coat and froze my tits off :joy:

2 Likes

Windows in europe are different from north america. When I went to germany they didn’t have the insect filter on the windows and bees butterflies got into my room

4 Likes

Im in bed basically all day and every second day i go for a 20 minute run

5 Likes

Yep. I understand how you feel. I really have to push myself to do this. I hope you can feel good and then do what you feel like doing. It sometimes means laying low and resting and relaxing while being inside instead of outside. Don’t beat yourself up about this would be my advice. Take good care. @Jonathan2

2 Likes