I hate it when people think its cool to be "crazy"

I wish people thought it was cool to be mentally ill. The reality is a bit different :confused:

8 Likes

I wouldn’t pretend to have it. I’d just live a normal life where I would actually enjoy things and have interest in other people. Anyone who does doesn’t realise they would have to take medications that can kill you over time and be treated differently like you’re dangerous by some people and have to go into mental hospitals where there are people who have serious problems where they have hurt animals on purpose or killed them. I have a family member that went to a mental hospital for depression and was dragged out of her bed by her feet by her roommate. Not to mention all the “booty juice” they’ll give you if you don’t listen to them. Anyone who either wants to have a psychotic disorder or pretends to have one should go a week in my life or some one else’s with schizophrenia or schizoaffective or something along those line.

3 Likes

Booty juice made me laugh…I only got booty juiced once I was standing in between two people ready to fight…we all got the booty juice…I was kinda pissed then the juice kicked in …

A “bit” its more like before and after MJ pics

1 Like

i have friends on facebook who make crazy seem cool. I have a friend of mine and he has autism and some other disabilities. he makes it seem cool and that bothers me.

I never personally got it but I saw a lot of people who did for no reason. Just because they weren’t listening. This one guy refused to give up his notebook that he had been told that he could keep so they told the staff he was “being aggressive” and gave him booty juice. After that they treated him differently for the rest of the time he was there. Gave him booty juice like 7 times. And this one girl was asleep off and on the whole time I was there (for like two weeks) because they kept giving her booty juice throughout the day everyday. I don’t know if they actually had a reason to for her.

My favorite thing that people do (me included) is say “man im losing it” when they r completely zoning out or feel trapped by something or a duty like doing dishes at work. I just say “yes u r” with a nice smile.

1 Like

I would prefer that people think that its trendy rather than people thinking negative thoughts about it or being afraid of it. I can handle cool idiots who think its a game or it’s fun or something rather than the idiots who take advantage of someone for having it.

2 Likes

It’s cool if you don’t have the burden of hearing voices

1 Like

Or paranoia. Or delusions. Or lack of motivation. Or no interest in anything. Or lack of emotion. Or troubling sleeping. Or any other symptom I have that I don’t like. I don’t find it cool.

6 Likes

I had a friend who would tell everyone about her (many and seemingly changing) mental illness and expect all her friends to be able to support/be there for her 24/7 no matter what her friends were going through. It was hard for me to interact with her for even once a week because it was like no matter who she would talk with, she expected to be the most important in the discussion (she talked about her own problem in the middle of me comforting one of my bestest friends having a panic attack). I’m happy for her being able to talk openly about her mental illness(es?) but I don’t miss talking to her because now I don’t feel such anxiety if someone finds out that I have sz. Less chance of them expecting me to act like my friend with those around me (very independent in dealing with my sz as of now)

this booty juice thing sounds like strong sedatives injected into the rear. and if so, then I think I was close to getting it. I was at the nurse’s station and I had pounded my fist and shouted. then the cops came. they gave me an option: forced injection or pills. I took the pills, because I told them the pills wouldn’t stabilize me. turns out the pills did though, after an hour or so.

I think an injection puts people to sleep instantly, which is hard to believe.

1 Like

It Makes them fall asleep in minutes from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

I felt dizzy made it to a chair…and passed out…they later apologized once they found out I was trying to settle things down and I wasn’t actually in the yelling match…

2 Likes

Idk. I was really into anime post hardcore bands like Piecre the Veil and Bring me the horizon and i romanticized it (never understood the lyrics though). That was when i was like 15 now im 19 and i understand it all and its dangerous and heel bent as’f but yet still it entices me all the same, considerably more. Im just more mature about it. I do however hate people who know nothing of the underlinings of what insanities is but claim to be about the life when in reality they wouldn’t be able to handle a minute of it.

1 Like

I have come across many and their comments about mentally ill people, yea I make jokes on here about my illness etc and the crazy stuff I have done, wish I never had to have lived it though

1 Like

Bipolar’s the worst these days all the celebrates disclosing since the name change. There are teens trying to manipulate their doctors to get the bipolar diagnosis instead of realizing how much of a crippling disorder it is.

1 Like

when I was a kid I couldn’t stand living in reality. The stress and pressure of everyday life the tedium and monotony of going to school, coming home, doing homework, none of it excited me. So I took drugs, and it was an instant escape from the boredom of everyday life. Now that Im certifiably insane, I would give everything I have to be able to undo the damage that I did to my poor brain. I had such a big beautiful mind and I fried it like that egg on the don’t do drugs commercial.

1 Like

It is annoying when mental illness is romanticized.

2 Likes

My Brazy life…