I hate it when people think its cool to be "crazy"

It’s not “cool” or “mysterious” or “charming”. It’s my life and it sucks.
I hate it when people talk about it like it’s “trendy” or something. It isn’t.
If you want an opinion on my illness, you can try having it first.
Thoughts?

11 Likes

I guess I don’t understand. Who pretends to be crazy? I don’t think if I was a normie that i’d pretend to be in psychosis.

2 Likes

I would much rather think it’s cool than think I should just kill myself all ready.

1 Like

Idk, i don’t think there’s a duality in this. I think both views are misinformation and downright wrong.

I know! I wouldn’t either. It’s absurd.

Yeah, it is called poeticizing and romanticizing the madness. You can see it a lot in movies, in lifestyle trends, and among the artists.
It hits my nerves though. If you consider yourself “dark” and, like, you have a unique fashion style and smoke weed its not the same as if you are diagnosed with mental illness. People are generally generous about accepting the “creative madness” but generally misinformed and ignorant about real mental illnesses.
I hate it sooo much.

11 Likes

yeah, I wouldn’t want to feign an illness if I was a normie; least I’ll get locked up in a psych ward with no internet or technology, and share a room with someone who looks like he will lose control and hurt me.

no thank you.

2 Likes

my last hospitalization I shared a room with a really messed up dude. he scared the ■■■■ out of me… how is it fair to have you SLEEP next to someone you are afraid might hurt you.

3 Likes

they said that it was a way for the mentally ill people to connect 1-on-1 with each other. but I wasn’t buying that at all. a person with sz is not the same as a person who suddenly slowly dances (the best I could describe the motions,) past midnight to no music.

there was literally a guy who laid on my bed, opened my drawer, and started reading my private poems. then later on, he made fun of me through them.

1 Like

People think its cool? Believe me u need to befriend these people if they think schizoa is in any way cool

10 Likes

I don’t know, I guess there are certain kinds of mental illness that are slightly more endearing than others. I always think that the one people are referring to when they say that is Bipolar Disorder because Bipolar people can be seen as eccentric and unpredictable. They also lead more productive lives and are responsible for accomplishing a lot. OCD can be cute to people too because you’re like a broken toy. Both of these are a lot more socially acceptable than schizophrenia, which because it has paranoia involved with it is frightening to normal people, and you appear to be dangerous. I fell into that trap of believing that my psychosis was a noble struggle, but have come to learn that theres nothing honorable about spending months and months alone, in isolation, struggling to regain your sanity after having numerous psychotic breaks, that is, unless you do something with yourself in between the episodes which would then qualify you as a “tragic figure” and thats worthy of respect, or at the very least, pity.

6 Likes

Who would think it’s cool to be crazy? Don’t get that part. Being crazy is painful. It’s heart wrenching it’s a lonely parh.

2 Likes

I actually like it when people say things like, “Oh, I’m so OCD because I have to keep my room so tidy,” and things like that. It opens the door for them to realize we aren’t so different after all. Everyone exists somewhere on the spectrum. Tons of people who would be classified as neurotypical sometimes have auditory hallucinations. Nearly everyone has a few OCD traits. The majority of the world has some form of social anxiety. It is good when people recognize these similarities and decide we are all part of the same group. It’s much better than being divided into psychos and normies.

9 Likes

Yes! Thank you :clap:

3 Likes

When I was a kid and smoked weed there was few guys who was kinda cool to me because they talked nonsense crazy things probably think they were mentally ill.and everybody laughed from them but to me they where most interesting.i thought how could they think so crazy. Speaking about some clocks which nobody understands and doing other bad stuff.i didn’t knew them just be with them in company few times. And I thought how good they lived like that. It was interesting to know what’s in their mind. Maybe I wanted be little bit crazy too.and smoked weed experiment with hallucinogens.but now don’t like being ill.just like more that not smoking weed.becouse when I was smoking I was always on that state of confusion.medications cleared my mind.and before sz I met one girl online who I was talking on phone she said she worked in so psichiatric clinic which I thought was cool. I think not becouse I attracted and interested in those crazy but not crazy like me I became ill.

1 Like

I hate it too, I also hate when people ask me about sz and I tell them and they don’t understand they think in their. Own way.like they sift heated what I say or didn’t believes

1 Like

Imitation is the highest form of flattery…but I don’t think that translates into the sz world…I think most of the people who play the part to be cool are aiming to be labeled eccentric not psychotic… Those who play amongst the dead and dress the part shall soon join them…what does that mean…no idea…

2 Likes

When I was in high school it was cool to be a wild and crazy guy. A lot of kids in the U.S. grew up with that idea. Our version of that kind of craziness was almost demented. There are much healthier ways to express yourself than being “crazy”.

1 Like

im only half crazy but fully cool…:sunglasses:

4 Likes

What I really hate is that people see people like me in the movies and think “wow, what a cool, interesting guy”. Then they see the real thing and just think “freak”. I don’t get it.

6 Likes