I hate being ugly

I don’t think its a good word to use as it has negative connotations

I don’t know if it is still socially acceptable word to use these days as u say they used it in the hospital where u were so maybe it is idk

1 Like

Why are you trying to get to a BMI of 20? That’s borderline underweight and tbh not healthy for you.

2 Likes

I think BMI of 25 is normal right?

@Ninjastar
@Loke

a BMI between 18.5 and 24.9 is seen as healthy. by nhs
I would say bmi 18. 5is risky for some but 20 is still ok

I feel most comfortable at that BMI :flushed: 20 I used to be it

1 Like

It’s fine I’m gonna leave it for the raw quality/honest accident quality of it all. And reply to you here.

I meant well I thought you’d like a guys thoughts/pain to feel something. I AMsuper uncoordinated and that’s two examples now of having an invisible illness. It’s RICH to me being a more or less priviledged white man optically, it’s frustration central.

18.5-20 is considered borderline underweight, and only acceptable in naturally slender people. Below 18.5 requires immediate medical intervention, but that doesn’t mean 20 should be a goal.

@anon90843118. If someone tells you something derogatory to your face such as that you’re ugly, there’s something wrong with them, not with you.

6 Likes

So my aunt is super overweight but she really doesn’t overeat. She has something wrong with her thyroid.

You are not ugly @anon90843118.
Please don’t doubt yourself for a second!

awwww thankyou Wave :blush:

1 Like

I’m ugly in my old age and I know it. And it doesn’t bother me a bit. I wasn’t always ugly.

@Butterfly, why don’t you take steps to lose weight, have the excess hair removed, try makeup, experiment with different hairstyles and clothes. I bet it would make a huge difference.

3 Likes

yep the weight loss is a long and tedious journey but im still working on it , Ive noticed ive been too strict with how much im expecting to lose per week and that has maybe contributed to me bingeing.

I am not a fan of make up anymore though im a bit odd in the sense that it makes me nervous because im hiding behind a mask wen I wear make up. and its not good for my skin and lashes

ur gorgeous Skinnyme Ive seen ur pics

2 Likes

Why thank you, @anon90843118.

1 Like

yea that’s the thing its not like people want to be unhealthy. things just happen in life, we just gotta do the best we can with wat we can do

1 Like

I might stop at 60 kg (bmi 21.7) if I feel comfortable but if I don’t I will go down to 20…I think it might suit me :flushed:

nhs doesn’t mention it being unhealthy…

I agree with @anon90843118, you are not ugly @SkinnyMe.
Far from it.

2 Likes

@Ninjastar
check this out

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-weight/bmi-calculator/

it says to me we suggest u stay that weight wen my bmi is 20 n says it is healthy

Sorry mods, ninja, moonbeam, I thought it over more and the parallels I was drawing were rushed and glib. I appreciate the kind aura and vibe that is cultivated here… and won’t make waves for the sake of attention going forward.

2 Likes

that calculator doesn’t take factors like natural body type into account. Some bodies are healthier at higher or lower BMIs, and BMI isn’t a good measure of health anyways. Trying for the lowest possible option in the band of “Not dangerous enough to require medical intervention” is not really healthy or sustainable, and is probably contributing to you feeling like you’re ugly.

3 Likes

you might be making a very good point

I will see how I feel at 60 kg bmi 21.7 hopefully I can stop there

Ill do a bit more research on it too