Do you have a hard time accepting your body the way it is?

I feel fat, unattractive and have MI,

But I think we all need to accept our bodies as they are for the sake of happiness.

I want to lose weight,

Still, I want to feel good while I’m not thin.

It’s hard to accept your body and love it when so much has gone wrong.

How do you feel about your body and mind?

9 Likes

Other than my body and my mind I’m ok. :joy:

9 Likes

I really struggle with body dysmophia and gender dysphoria so yeah I’m not a fan of my body. I like my mind besides the MI aspect. But I’d like to think I’m a unique cookie with a good head and heart

2 Likes

I also feel fat and unattractive. Some days I feel like I can pull off the extra weight though/it doesn’t look that bad… but I still don’t feel like “myself.”
Anytime I’m smaller I never appreciate it or notice it… until I blow up again and then I’m like “wow! I used to be soo small”

Sometimes my mind is my worst enemy… I feel like I like my mind less than my body. If I had a stable mind I think I’d be able to achieve my body goals easier…

3 Likes

Im fat, have no problem with it. Still pretty though.

4 Likes

I definitely need to lose some weight. It worries me more for health reasons than for how I appear though.

3 Likes

I’m clinically obese vs overweight as my BMI is over 30. My main problem is osteoarthritis, and I’m supposed to lose weight. I’m trying… I really hate having arthritis.

3 Likes

i feel ok about my body mostly… i would like to lose a bit of weight too though but i don’t think i’m really fat.

2 Likes

No, but I know a lot of people do.

I am somewhat overweight and have pretty big lovehandles. But it doesen’t bother me. I’m not perfect, and I never will be no matter what I do. Don’t get me wrong. If I had some serious abnormality I would probably do something about it, but I am fundamentaly against having plastic surgery for the slightest thing.

We are being fooled anyway. Take the tv show Baywatch. They always cast models as statists who have gym bodies. It’s not representative at all. If it had been real life, half of the people in the background would be obese, you know what I mean. It’s ok to have a goal to be healthy, but lets not get unreal.

3 Likes

I despise my body. Always have, even when I was much thinner.

2 Likes

I use to have a pretty good body. Nice pecs and some semblance of a six pack. However my AP ruined all that, I’ve lost a lot of weight but I still have some fat around my love handles and I have stretch marks from when I was fat. I’m a little ashamed of my body now.

2 Likes

You gotta love yourself first

4 Likes

I came down with arthritis when I was 60. 55 was before I had arthritis.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think in particular olanzapine messes up the metabolism a lot. When I was on 10mg I went from 70 to 98kgs. Luckily I was able to dicipline myself and only eat half portions for dinner and whatnot to get back down. Got down to 82 at one point. But now I’m back up at 96. I’m pretty sure it’s the drugs fault. I don’t feel I eat particulary much, but the drugs must do something to the metabolism. The only way to get down in weight is to not eat oneself full I feel. I might have to have another run at that. Hunger is nothing more than feeling uncomfortable right? If I can get used to that for a while I can do it. It gets better(feeling less hunger) when the body gets accustomed to it.

3 Likes

Yeah, olanzapine will do that to you. When I was on 40mg of olanzapine I was 240lbs (110 kg) at my heaviest. I’m now about 175lbs (80kg)…about 10lbs (4.5kg) from my BMI weight.

2 Likes

I felt attractive before sz and med weight, now I feel like I have the appeal of Kevin from the office lol, could be worse but I don’t accept my body the way it is, one day all the exercise will pay off I’m hoping.

4 Likes

I have major issues with how my body looks. I’ve lost 90 pounds, but I want to lose 25 more. I’m a large on top and a medium on bottom. I want to be a small. I just can’t stand what I’ve done to my body while on APs. I’m on Haldol now and lost weight so I think I may stay on Haldol if possible, and of course, I’ll stil count calories and exercise.

3 Likes

It’s not your fault. It’s not you who did it to your body, it’s the ap’s. I too have weight problems and I know the ap is the cause. Losing 90 pounds is a major effort and you should be proud of that. We will never be perfect, but ofcourse we need to be healthy.

3 Likes

@anon54386108 what ? what about those legs?? haha I feel good I’ve lost weight…sorry you are feeling like you don’t like your body.

2 Likes

I’ve always been underweight, I have a high metabolism, but I lost a lot more with meth. A week before I quit meth I was 82lbs, now I’m 112lbs, the heaviest I’ve ever been. I hate it tbh. I know I’m not fat, but I’m not comfortable with it at all. I’ve also dealt with dermatillomania since I was a preteen, so I’ve never had a good body image. Being skinny was something of pride for me. I try to be indifferent, but weight sucks.

3 Likes