I got summoned for jury duty

This really sucks I’m trying to get excused I don’t feel healthy enough to do it :pensive:

3 Likes

Could you give them a note from your doctor? :elephant::elephant::elephant:

3 Likes

That’s what I’m going to try and do

1 Like

Show up with a hang man’s rope, shouting where is the accused!!! That should get you excused :crazy_face: :joy:

4 Likes

Tell them you can tell a guilty person just by looking at them.

2 Likes

Having a psychotic disorder is a disqualification for participating as a juror.

3 Likes

I am sure you will be excused. we tend to have bad attention spans so just ask the doctor to jot that down. jury duty is so long.

I have done it before, so much waiting around

1 Like

I like being on a jury.

1 Like

Watch twelve angry men, the movie. That will get you all excited to do it.

2 Likes

I’ve never done jury duty in my life, and never desired to. I always got a medical note from my doctor and gave it to the address on the letter they sent me. I did this three or four times. Finally about 8 years ago I filled out a form that excuses me from jury duty for life.

3 Likes

I always tell them it’s too stressful becuase I’m schizophrenic

1 Like

Actually I tell them I have lawyers and cops in my family too they usually dismiss those people it’s true though but psychotic disorder will get you off guaranteed

1 Like

My therapist wrote me a note to get out of it.

3 Likes

Depends on how long you’ve been stable. Took some effort to get out jury duty one time.

2 Likes

Well they want a note from my doctor I cant use anyone else and just saying I have mental illness isn’t enough to get out of it

Well, a mental illness could be mild depression or addicted to soda. I think if you play the schizophrenia card that they will know it’s a serious condition that affects your judgement that will get you out of it.

3 Likes

Yeah, a pdoc excuse should do it. Mine wrote me one last time I was summoned. Although they didn’t end up calling up my number anyway.

2 Likes

I am doing the same thing sending a note from my doctor. Did you just have to mail it or did you come in person?

I did it over the phone and through the mail.

You’d think that telling them you’re schizophrenic would be enough.

1 Like