I gave up on being pretty

I gave up on makeup and looking nice I just don’t see myself as pretty anymore

4 Likes

Same. These meds have destroyed me.

1 Like

You’re both beautiful people.

I used to think I was an uggo, until one day I forced myself to stare at myself in the mirror like I was seeing another person until I could find something to compliment. As time went by, I tried to find new things.

I’m not camera pretty, but there’s now plenty of things I do like when I look in the mirror.

12 Likes

@Pikasaur thanks for the advice I’ll try it sometime… I just can’t bring myself to do makeup anymore I ask myself “what’s the point?”
@LED I’ve done a lot of damage to myself and don’t look good anymore

1 Like

There’s a difference between pretty and beautiful.
Makeup helps one look pretty, but beauty is natural.
Everyone has beautiful qualities.
If I saw a picture of you I’m sure I could find at least 3 things I genuinely find beautiful

2 Likes

Me too Ive done damages on myself. I destroyed my skin for example. But you are still pretty. And you are not alone… Try to love yourself now. Lots of people are damaged by this life. But be sure, you are still pretty. Try to take taste in clothes and some tricks like this…

1 Like

In spirit of the topic, I’d like to add that while there are things about me I find beautiful and loveable, I don’t see myself as pretty.
I’m fat and I have a wide neck and a big nose and a dimpled chin.
When I see myself in pictures others have taken, I think I look mentally challenged, and I worry that’s how others see me.

I feel the same. Only it started a long, long time ago.

I’m not a big fan of makeup on women anyway. I like to see freckles, :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

It’s going to be really difficult to see yourself as beautiful if you think of beauty as something you have to work to achieve as opposed to something that’s innate. Don’t you think it’s convenient that, for the most part, everyone except for you seems to be reasonably attractive? It’s because you are biased towards yourself. You notice all of your physical imperfections because you’ve looked at your body all throughout nearly every single day of your entire life. You see yourself as ugly because of all of these little things that other people, even those who are close to you, don’t even notice unless you point it out to them (and sometimes, not even then). And so in the end, as supported by the pioneering study of human psychology, beauty truly does come from within.

3 Likes

My mom used to always tell me how plain I am. She used to tell me I needed more makeup. One day, I told her that I may not be pretty but I’ve accepted myself as I am and I’m ok with my face. She said, “well you’re not the one who has to look at your face all day”! I’ve worn makeup since.

I kinda feel the same. I used to put on makeup and get dressed up every day. I know I’m not pretty, now or a year ago when I weighed so much less. It is depressing, but at least I used to try. Now I rarely get dressed up. Today, though, I DID!!! And two days ago!!! I hope this is a good sign that I will start up again soon.

1 Like

You should’ve reminded her that you inherited some of your physical features from her.

5 Likes

If only I had! My mom is very beautiful naturally

1 Like

What a bi tch. You’ve got to learn to be cheekier if you’re going to deal with the likes of her. Start walking around with a ski mask on and say that you’re protecting everyone from your plain Jane ugly mug. You don’t have to agree with it to be cute about it.

4 Likes

Lol! That’s hilarious @Sardonic!!!

1 Like

Oh, or if you ever have a pimple or something, then put your makeup on around it and call it “breakthrough beauty” or a “one zit wonder.”

2 Likes

Haha! Good one @Sardonic!

You don’t have to be pretty, beauty is superficial anyways. Being beautiful will get you in the door to a lot of things in life but inevitably you will have to depend on your character and principles to get what you want.

There are plenty of homely people who are wildly successful. Hell, look at the most powerful people on earth in any country. Most of them are butt-ugly and overweight. (this is meant to cheer you up, though it may not seem like it, lol). But yeah, you don’t need to be beautiful to survive.

5 Likes

@77nick77 they are pretty ugly… One looks like a duck on his head!!

1 Like