Work Structure

Does anyone here have an easier time working part time vs full time? I was working 50 hours minimum each week and had a really really hard time.

1 Like

50 hours is alot of work for a week.

I work about 35 hours a week.

I could do more though, just dont really feel like it :confused:

3 Likes

I tend to fail at full-time jobs; it’s very discouraging. I find I do better working two part-time jobs, even if those two jobs add up to five days/week. Four days/week is ideal when I am able to afford it.

2 Likes

I have been able to work four days a week now for nearly two years.

When I was on a five day week I was really struggling to pull myself together each week and was getting myself really stressed.

It means money doesn’t go as far, but having a long weekend every week, and holiday time on top of that makes things so much easier.

I am not sure if I can go back to five days, but will have to see how long I stay at my current job and whether another company would employ me on that basis

3 Likes

50 hours is a lot. Most people have a hard time with it. My husban works 60-80 hours each week. I am with the kids. I find that by the fourth day of our weekly routine I become overwhelmed and confused.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about working Monday-Wednesday each week since I often work ten or more hours a day (construction) and have been known to work 15 hour shifts from time to time. It’s just hard to deal with negative symptoms and trying to not burn out on working myself to death. Below freezing right now and manual labor is tough for anybody.

1 Like

It is, but it is great you have a job! Keep pushing through what you can! Money is nice. And it is nice to not be sitting at home if you can work!

1 Like

80 hours a week??

How is that even possible lol

I’ve been out from work for the last couple months and was starting the disability process. I think I can probably go back to work. The last day I was there I started hallucinating in front of my coworkers who don’t know about my illness and I had to explain to my supervisor so I could get picked up. I’ve been a flaky employee, missing a lot of work due to SZA. This whole returning to work thing after the holidays have been a huge source of stress.

I would work ft if I could. I’m allergic to early hours so I work pt and in the evening. Happy as a clam.

1 Like

We have our own business and our own office, so he can work during the night. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m so sorry that you’ve been stressed. That sounds very hard. I can relate to being physically able but not mentally. Hope the best for you!

1 Like

I do a couple of days volunteering around 4 hours per day. Working full time is just beyond me. Symptoms get bad due to stress and I sleep too much. With travel and full time work I just go to sleep. No way to live!

It’s a tough thing but cutting back to part time may be a realistic goal. As always discuss with your shrink. I know a lot of docs like to have you working but if it stress’ you out then that isn’t a good solution!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.