Schizophrenia.com

I don't want to be someone's insignificant other

Girls are taught very early on that they are insignificant compared to men and can only hope to grow up to become some man’s insignificant other, used and never known or appreciated.
Thus speaks the cynic of wedlock, chordy.

I hope to become some man’s significant other. Well cared for, listened to, and appreciated. But I’m so old now (40) that I don’t know if it’s ever going to happen.

Believe me Caroline, I have found them INCAPABLE of being the significant other to a women. From what I know, you’re not missing a thing.

Geeze - 40 years isn’t old. You’re young!

Thanks SzAdmin. :smile:

I don’t have time to be anyone’s insignificant other, I spend my time now with others who appreciate me.

Caroline, I agree with SZAdmin; 40 is not that old. I’m 52. In the last thirty years you know how many people over 40 I have heard of or l’ve known who got have married after 40? Well, very, very many. My dad re-married when he was in his sixties. My step-mom was in her sixties too.And my real mom re-married when she was in her late 50’s.

Caroline,

I think that outlook on womanhood (is that the right term? we guys call our outlook manhood) is rather biased and becoming outdated…remember that more girls are in college than guys! Especially in the psych department, its no sausage fest, the honors psych classes at my school have only 25% males

You’re only insignificant if you tell yourself that. Be glad you don’t have to struggle with men’s competitive ■■■■■■■■. I went to a catholic grade school and a catholic high school for boys for a year, and let me tell you, men can behave like ■■■■■■■ idiotic animals. I transferred to a prestigious international high school because I just refused to fight other kids who bullied me. I have always found that being a man is a pain in the ass. Gentlemen are hard to find. My psychologist tells me that I have extreme male compensatory behavior and attributes it to being picked on by “alpha males” as a kid. When i was 18, before my onset, i was 5’6 and 185lbs.

So whatever about me, I am weird, but just dont think being male is any better! That’s my point!

@CarolineC,

40 is a great age. I was 39 when i met the love of my life and we were together 20 years before he passed away. He had epilepsy but died from a heart attack. I still love him and always will…

btw: we were both significant and treated each other that way

Thanks for the encouragement, 77nick77. :smile:

Thanks for the encouragement, xfile. :smile:

It makes me sad that the fashion industry exist and makes women think that 40 is old. I’ve met some very beautiful, intelligent and interesting women who were over 40. They already had a boyfriend so I didn’t have a chance.

I’m 36, soon 37. I don’t see myself as old even though I’m almost 40. You are as old as you feel you are.

One of my best friends met the love of his life when he was 50. They are now married. She is from another country.

I just got remarried this year at age 49. (I get told all the time I don’t look my age-but I have to ask, what should 49 look like?)He is 4years younger than me.
I was married for 25 years, and we parted (as friends-if not better now than before), the divorce was final in Jan this year.
Age is mostly all in your head, but physical pain will age you faster.
It pays to keep a young attitude, and age looses importance.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Girls don’t get so romantic when they realize the pain of birth and raising children. And men don’t appreciate losing the romance when their wives are intent on their children, putting hubby on the back burner.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.