I don't want to always feel immobile

So I really need and want to be better. I can’t do anything. All I did today was go to the bank and Walmart. Oh and made supper. But everything is such a mess. It puts me in a bad place. I just go through everything I’ve done or said and how stupid I am.
I would like to have some warm thoughts my way.

1 Like

Repeat “I’m a good person.” over and over. Brainwash yourself.

1 Like

Don’t be so hard on yourself @FatMama.
You do so much everyday!
Pamper yourself!
You deserve it.

2 Likes

Thanks @PinCushion and @Wave.
I’m hoping tomorrow I can get at least the kitchen cleaned up. Feeling sad

3 Likes

A little at a time.

2 Likes

:hugs:

I know how it gets when I feel that way. It’s tough. You can DO THIS! Just look at how great your kids turned out! You’re in a bad spot. I get that. It will get better. Do you have sz or sza?

2 Likes

I have sza bipolar type.

1 Like

Me too. It’s tough to be consistent. Maybe try lamictal, depakote, or topamax?

2 Likes

I take lamictal. I just need to get something else as well. Just weaning off lithium right now.

2 Likes

Going to the bank, Walmart, and making dinner all in one day is a LOT! Recognize your accomplishments! You are NOT stupid! You are committed, resolved, and determined!

2 Likes

Thanks @JustTrish and @FlyingPurplePeopleMeeter. I am so tired of trying but I know my kids need me. Hanging in there.

2 Likes

I’m on Depakote 500 mg, 1, morning, 3, night. Lamictal didn’t work for me. When I was on Depakote and topamax, things, mood wise were better.

I don’t know about you, @FatMama but it’s tough dealing w a mood AND thought disorder. How long have you been diagnosed with MI?

1 Like

About 12 years or so

I’m almost 16 years out. It’s frustrating. Stay strong, and don’t give up! Take care.

2 Likes

I know you’re exhausted, discouraged, and spent. You’re energy is depleted. Every day is hard. Small tasks are a fight to do, and even when you have motivation, your body and mind don’t always cooperate.

Please don’t give up. The battle you are putting up is worth it. Each day you have with your kids is a win. Each day you don’t give up is a win.

It’s worth it! You might not always see the reward, but the people around you do!

3 Likes

Hey, I know this feeling. Do you feel like you can’t physically move or you are not able to move because you are exhausted?

My mom asks me to go somewhere but I’m so awfully tired…always tired.
Barely took out the dogs for a walk. Thankfully the dogs were not too hard to control.
I’m thinking of you.

2 Likes

I forget - can you get a home health aid to help you with meals and clean up?

2 Likes

I’m not sure but my mental health worker would know

Maybe you could ask her if you can receive help for a little while.

1 Like

I have very bad anxiety allowing people in my home.

1 Like